Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Damn woman drivers...

9K views 112 replies 31 participants last post by  fordbronco 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: Woman hit me while driving and I lost everything on my car due to PLPD, deemed her fault, question has been answered, got a new car thank you!

#3 ·
No... this accident happend between 15 and 18 mph... in a 25 zone.
2. I have no way to class, so cannot participate, and 3. full coverage is $600 a month. I'm 22 years old and have a clean driving record...insurance is a scam and people like this is why prices are so high.
How about a non ignorant answer.

#102 ·
You can bullshit on 15 all you want... I had heavy traffic in front of me and 2 witnesses. Nobody was going anywhere very fast. You try going from 15 to 0 within a second and see the damage.
This has been updated as stated. Speed limit was 35 and I had to be going at least 25 in that case. I just remember traffic was moving a lot slower do to the rain
You must know it all lol. I think just about anything that side swipes any vehicle is going to cause frame damage...especially at 30 mph. Little under 3,000 lbs of force hitting you at 30 mph to 0 in less than a second... so yes frame damage is going to happen.

First it was 15, then 25, now it was 30mph. Before we know it you will say you were going 60 down that road. :poke:

#104 ·
First it was 15, then 25, now it was 30mph. Before we know it you will say you were going 60 down that road. :poke:
This is all aside the point of the original post... no I was not speeding. The zone was 35mph... If you want an exact speed calculation at 30 MPH from the point I hit the brake pedal to the second the lady pulled in front of me, you're not going to get it. Nobody was speeding. I did believe it was 15-20... I re-read the police report for the correct info. Not to mention there was the moron in front of me wanting to go as slow as possible because light rain means the end of the world to drivers in my town.

Anyway back to the main issue...
Talked to my lawyer and unfortunetly under MI no fault law, I cannot sue her for anything. I am getting $1,000 from her insurance, but the "no fault" law has protected her stupidity.

I'll just blame Obama.

#10 ·
EDIT:
incorrect info: police report shows 35 mph zone. To go into detail, I was traveling at 25 mph, and by the time of impact on my brakes I am figuring 15-18 mph or so. Just a figure...lets not get technical. We could say it was exactly 20 mph.

#14 ·
EDIT:
incorrect info: police report shows 35 mph zone. To go into detail, I was traveling at 25 mph, and by the time of impact on my brakes I am figuring 15-18 mph or so. Just a figure...lets not get technical We could say it was exactly 20 mph.
HAHAHA... You think a Lawyer and Insurance companies won't get technical? That's what they do. You're a 22 y/o that smacked a 60+ lady. Good luck.

#19 ·
Sorry your ride got totaled, Glad your OK. 1000 is all, that's the risk of not having collision. My friends just lost a SUV worth 6500- as he just sold it on the phone- she and kids got flipped it was totaled everyone was ok. Kids hung upside down for a few minutes. Nobody was sited for fault so they got nothing.
Take your money and go get something to drive. Or pay for a ride.Go to school -work,stop the drama. Your not fired yet and you haven't flunked because of an accident today.

#24 ·
same happend to my step mom as she was taking my sisters home... woman pulled out and hit the side of my step moms explorer causing it to roll. the woman admitted fault and stated she was on her cellphone and was distracted. my step mom got nothing but $500. michigan sucks.

#20 ·
Yes you can sue her but there is no guarantee you will get anything out of it. Michigan is a no fault state and unless the police report and eye witness accounts put her at fault the chances of winning a suit may be slim.

#32 ·
Well... I picked up a nice 2005 Focus for $2,700 and 2 days ago put $700 worth of parts into it. This was a car I picked up for a great deal that was supposed to let me support my 4x4 hobby by saving me money as a daily driver, and get me to work / class. It gets driven 300-500 miles a week. Yesterday I'm crusing along through town when I see a woman in her 97 F150 stopped at an intersection about to make a left turn while talking on her cellphone. I get within about 10 feet of her and as soon as I see her accelerate, I lock my brakes and my front end went right under her truck, then we spun in a circle. The best feeling in the world is biting an air bag.

Does anyone know if its possible I can sue her in small claims to try to recover some of the cost of my vehicle? Her insurance is already giving me $1,000, but this is surely not enough to cover a new vehicle. Best part about this whole thing is she made eye contact with me, yet still drove right into me thinking she could make the turn. I got a total of $248 at the scrap yard that went to pay the $200 tow bill, and had to buy a new phone charger, and a new GPS that was all damaged by the force of the accident.

EDIT: THE POLICE REPORT HAS HER ADMITTING FAULT, AND SHE DID EVENTUALLY ADMIT TO EVERYTHING ON THE SCENE. SEVERAL WITNESSES ARE ON MY SIDE.

Reported for Asian driving.

#33 ·
The 1000 her insurance company is paying out is essentially the mini tort. So you can't take her to small claims, anything further would be paid by your insurance.

#36 ·
Why does the title have to be "woman" drivers? I'm sure there are plenty of men drivers that are just as much of a dumbass as her

The OP for instance

#49 ·
Unless you are trying to insure a corvette or somthing similar, I think you may be an idiot.. My guess, is they are quoting you per 6 months.

If not, then you may have the worst credit rating and insurance score and/or you have to use a high risk insurance.

#54 ·
I have always based if I get full coverage or plpd on a car on what it is worth and if I can replace it at the time. When I was young I drove cheap cars that if I got in an accident, I could part out and break even. As the value increased so did my insurance, I understand that full coverage is higher but you could have enough money to replace your car now. It is a gamble you take when you only have minimum coverage. I could be wrong but I have heard if you cash the insurances 1000 check, that means you accept the settlement and can not sue further.

#58 ·
You missed it, he changed the story already. It was a 35 mph zone, so he was going 35, 10 ft from the lady in the ferd f-1 fiddy. So he was defiantly only doing maybe 20 mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.