Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

*SOLD*92 Chevy K1500 4x4 FS (New pic posted) *SOLD*

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Goat 
#1 · (Edited)
*SOLD* I've got a 92 Chevy 4x4 350, 4L60, 241 floor shift, 342 gears. Lots of new parts with very low miles and extra engine and trans. New ball joints, tie rods, idler arm, 1 ton rear leaf springs, rebuilt trans, control arm bushings, Pro comp 3000 shocks all around, aftermarket headlights, running lights, and marker lights, new u-joints in rear drive shaft, aluminum radiator, heater core, and decent brakes. Front diff was swapped out few months ago and actuator hooked to toggle switch so you have 2wd low range. 4) 31x11x16 Thornbirds on factory aluminum wheels. Tires are balanced with beads.

Truck runs great and drives good but there is a noise that IS coming from the drivers side differential bearing. More explained in post #13. 4wd works good though. Trans was rebuilt and installed corvette servo and .5 boost valve for firmer shifts. Spare trans has brand new rebuild kit as well but used output shaft in other trans. It just needs a 3-4 accumulator spring, sunshell, and output shaft and it would be ready to drop in. Truck will need a battery as I will need the one currently in it for my other truck.

The bed has been replaced and just needs drivers side patch panel above wheel well to be rust free. Cab needs outer rockers, cab corners and fenders to be rust free.

Also comes with a fiberglass topper that matches the bed and is in great shape.

Any questions feel free to ask. I will get pics asap.
Asking $1300 obo cash for everything except the mud kings on wheels and the battery. Or $1000 cash for just the truck the way it sits.

Forgot about the Flo-Tech headers and Y pipe I installed. Bought them brand new and painted them with black header paint and baked them. They fit and look nice. More power and better gas mileage than stock manifolds by far.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes it is. Everything works great just has a noise.

I'm not gonna drive 30 minutes to have a non certified counter jokie tell me what's "wrong" with my truck. Not gonna mask the problem with bs fluids either. :fish:

Pics will be up as soon as I can get some taken in the daylight. :finger:

#4 ·
Here are some pics. If you want specific pics of anything let me know and I will post some up asap.

#7 ·
4L60e was 94 I believe. 4L60 was the new name for the 700r4. Has electronic torque converter lockup. It works pretty good. Shifts a little harder than factory and holds gears longer for pulling heavy loads. Seems like it puts more power to the tires than it did before rebuild. Rebuilt because of a noise and hard shifting in 3rd & 4th. Sunshell gear was broken off causing this problem which is a common problem with the 700 trans.

No pics of truck with thornbirds on it.

#13 · (Edited)
Well after checking everything over today I have found the issue causing the noise. I pulled the Half shafts off the front and started checking the front diff. Turns out the drivers side seal is leaking very slowly and the bearing has some play. It's a fairly easy fix but I don't have the money to do so. It's not bad yet but I'm parking it. Everything else checks out just fine. If someone wants to buy the truck and the parts I can fix it before it leaves my house for no additional fee. Could have it done in a couple days or less.

#14 ·
Pics of the lesser tread t-birds. Still have like 7/32 tread in the center. Other 2 tires have 12-14/32 in the center.

#16 · (Edited)
I've only done 1 smoke-y burnout in this truck since I bought it. If it wasn't automatic trans I may have done more. Don't want to break the baby chevy parts.

No money to fix it but at least I know what the problem is now.

I can keep some of the extra parts to compensate for cost if that helps the deal out as well.

Just the truck with the cap and the t-birds mounted and no extras except the new steering arm $1000

#17 ·
Got the Tbirds and cap on and ready to go. $1300 for everything I have for it except the mud kings on wheels. $1000 just the truck the way it sits.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.