Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

***SOLD*** 1998 Jeep Cherokee - 3" lift, 31s, locker

5K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Haggar 
#1 · (Edited)
Selling my XJ, as I have a new CJ7. This is a 1998, typical XJ - 4.0 / AW4 / NV231, Dana 30/8.25 (29 spline) with 3.55 gears.

It was friend's wife's Jeep, stock, so was never wheeled. It got in a small front end crash (right front corner). I fixed it up as a light duty wheeler, and we wheeled it once on our snow run.

I put a brand new powertrax no-slip locker in the rear ($475), brand new Zone 3" lift with shocks ($300), and built a winch bumper for the front, which has clevis mounts integrated in.

Has 31x10.5 all terrains with good tread left, on Jeep aluminum rims.

Has Hella 4000 Rallye (euro beam I think) lights with the hella wiring harness and switch (about $300) Edit: Removed th elights, they will be for sale separately.

I am keeping the CB radio & antenna shown.

As you can kinda see in the pics, the right front fender is beat up, and the right front corner of the hood. Never bugged me, as it was wheeler, not a nice looking Jeep. The front header panel, and all lights and lenses are brand new. Has the typical rocker rust of XJs of this era. I sprayed bedliner over the rockers to clean them up a bit.

Located in Oxford. Jeep is stored indoors. Would take a TIG welder, in partial trade.

SOLD

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Oops, knew I forgot something. I think 190k. Its runs/drives fine. I only wheleed it the one time, it had no problems the whole weekend. I have put maybe 1000 miles on it otherwise, mostly some freeway trips while my F150 was in the shop. It drives fine at highway speed, and no deathwobble.

#14 ·
I don't know, I never tried to use it. I have 2-3 people talking about looking at it this weekend. I will snap some interior pics when I get a chance, if its still here. Interior looks like a 1998 XJ, lol. Grey cloth seats, your basic 15 year old Cherokee interior.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.