Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Ford Rules 95 ranger 1 ton swap yada yada yada

21K views 163 replies 27 participants last post by  robn69 
#1 ·
So ive been on the site for quite some time just lurking around and figured i would post up my build.
Heres it from the begining http://www.ranger-forums.com/showthread.php?t=70469
And here are the latest pics of the 60 all trussed up.

Few more pics.

Specs are 1995 ranger expo 302 stock besides from headers and intake, built 4R70W tranny, NP205, Tom woods rear driveshaft, hoopty front shaft, 14 bolt rear detroit locker 4.88 gears, d-60 king pin front 4.88 gears lunchbox locker, 63" chevys rear, 2.0x14 kings front, griffin radiator, derale tranny cooler, those are the big things listed any questions or comments lets hear em!

See less See more
#3 ·
awesome man! good progress

#9 ·
Well havent done much to it its to hot out. over 100* in the barn...
did manage to get my guages mounted up and wired though.
Im having sme intermitten electrical problems that are really pissin me off... anyone good with electrical out there care to lend a hand lol?
Trying to upload pics but my comp is bein a massive turd.

#10 ·
Well i think i have gotten my wiring issues figured out for the most part, which i am happy with.
I did notice that with the key on but truck not running the WOT ac cut out relay gets relativley warm as does the PCM relay is this normal?
Also painted my grill and a few trim piecec blk tistill gotta get the fenders and hood painted black to match the cab.
And got my coil over cross bar bent up and in place just need to make some flanges and weld it in tmrw morning should be done.
Should have my Corbeau 5 point comp. harness's tmrw also and i need to pick up a new cross shaft pin for the front 60 carrier.
Its getting closer!!!

#11 ·
Gears are in thanks alot scott (bigbchevy)!!!
Got my limit straps mocked up today so the front end is complete and done other then final welding and gussets on everything then the major things are install 5 pt harness's make exhaust and engine cross member. hoping to have it done in august to go to the dunes for a shake down.
I so happy with how the trucks sitting right now!!!!!!!!
pics

#14 ·
So ive got the harness's installed and lots of little pidly shit done on the truck.
Pulled the t-case last night and went and got my 203 tonight to build my doubler. Hoping to have the doubler in by this weekend build some shifters for it then make a tranny mount and put the cab back on its getting alot closer then just gotta make the exhaust.

#19 ·
So the truck is missing under load and trying to accelerate.
I replace all plugs with NGK v-powers replaced a 02 sensor and added some fuel injector cleaner.
I replaced the coil packs just before the winter i geuss they could be bad anyone know how to check them?
Also probably gonna replace the fuel filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.