Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Dang! Rockcrawl gone wrong

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  whyme86 
#1 ·
#2 ·
thats crazy! did they not have remote kill switches? could've killed somebody.

#5 ·
when i was at werock in utah last year one of the yotas had 10 seconds left to make a gate, which was a 10ft shear drop and spectators were standing at the bottom of it, i yelled quickly enough that as he punched it they just barely missed getting hit. i got a big thanks and a pat on the back by one of the officials

edit- i hope they dont ever change the rules, its awesome being within feet of the buggies while they are competing, people just need to learn some respect for what the machines are capable of and learn where a safe place to stand is

#9 ·
They do have kill switches. The topic of remote kill switches went around a lot and they decided against them for many reasons, cost being the major factor. They have moved crowds away from the action a little bit but not enough to kill the action. That was a freak accident and hasnt happened since then even though not much has changed to prevent that from happening again. The biggest problem is that the people watching the comps have their heads up their asses most of the time and dont realize just how dangerous it is.

Look up the video of nick campbell saving the roll over and coming within a couple feet of the spectators... That one makes you wonder just how much control the drivers have in those situations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.