Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Best Recovery strap for under $100

11K views 56 replies 24 participants last post by  four_by_ken 
#1 ·
I’ve been looking around for a new strap and it seems that the majority of the recovery straps fall around the same price point, making decisions even harder.

Arb and Bubba Rope are the two main straps that I am looking at. Both straps are around the 30,000lb mark. The straps will be used in primarily trails and rocks, as I’m not into mud. However this will be my only strap so it will be used in a variety of situations.

I have not seen a Bubba rope in action myself, and I would appreciate some real world reviews. Also can the Buba Rope be used to pull someone without tugging or does it have too much stretch in it to be practical?

I’m open to any other suggestions.

#57 ·
I agree that not all straps are created equal.

That's the reason I spent MONTHS deciding on who I should buy from. And why I spend more on them... to offer a better product. I could have gone with cheap imported stuff, but chose not to. My straps are local made and I stand by them. I wouldn't put my name with most of what is sold out there now.

The ropes I sell have been used in the agricultural industry for decades. They simply work, and work great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.