Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

What would one expect to pay for?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Blackbeast2 
#1 ·
A T-18 dana 20 combo? Need a BOP bolt pattern as I think i found a motor already for the 46 CJ2A

#2 ·
Well, could be $200, could be $600.. depends on how good a scrounger you are...

A BOP bellhousing.. hmm, thats a tougher order, methinks...

I almost put that combo in my Jeep.. Got a Ford T18 2wd for free, and bought a J-truck T-18 with a dana 20 for $225. Used the ford input shaft in the Jeep case. But that was for an AMC bellhousing.

Why not go Chevy 4.3 / SM465 / Dana 18/20? Buick V6s are soooo last week...

I have a 53 Cj3a.. If I do anything with it, then I'll be running that combo, or else all toyota under the hood...

#3 ·
Haggar said:
Well, could be $200, could be $600.. depends on how good a scrounger you are...

A BOP bellhousing.. hmm, thats a tougher order, methinks...

I almost put that combo in my Jeep.. Got a Ford T18 2wd for free, and bought a J-truck T-18 with a dana 20 for $225. Used the ford input shaft in the Jeep case. But that was for an AMC bellhousing.

Why not go Chevy 4.3 / SM465 / Dana 18/20? Buick V6s are soooo last week...

I have a 53 Cj3a.. If I do anything with it, then I'll be running that combo, or else all toyota under the hood...

I can Get a supposedly running buick oddfire V-6 out of fowlerville for $50 out of a 74 jeep, The chevy 4.3 will obviously run a bit more cash, and the SM465 would be nice but I thought they were fairly pricey, i havnt seen one for sale in a long while, not that I have seen a T-18 da20 combo available in awhile either... though I have not been looking. Also want to keep stock axles.

My goal is to get this thing running and moving under its own power by next fall, (cant leave it at my buddies house forever and his house has the tools to install everything) It wont be a trail rig nor a DD if it burns some oil I wouldnt mind, I would be doing a restoration when i get my garage built, hence why i am "trying" to do it for what i can scrounge together.

#9 ·
I got my T-18 for about $200. That was a Ford one though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.