Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

fun on the highway

517K views 3K replies 324 participants last post by  greygoose 
#1 ·
First I saw this lawn mower transporter and thought it was funny...then it start spewing a James Bond'ish smoke screen..the photo didn't really grasp the impressive nature of said smoke screen but it caused a bunch of retards to slam on their brakes three lanes deep!!

then I saw this plate as I was getting off the the e-way...this too made me laugh

See less See more
#200 ·
Saw this gem in Ann Arbor of all places last week:

New gasser F-150, stack, cheap lift, stock tires. Apparently even hilljacks have money these days....but not enough money for good tires

#211 ·
I'll play....

Camping Pic.... Rest Area on M-28 in the U.P.
If thats the guy I think it is, he made me get into the back of his limo to look at his "socket" to see what "bulb" would fit, I was happy I had a gun on me, I thought for sure he was gonna try and rape me.

#239 ·
I think half the ******** out by me have "custom" exhausts on their diesels. They have been neglected to be told that they sound like someone farting loudly in a trash can with the lid still on.

To each their own but I wish they would find a different way into town.

#249 ·
I agree with muddinman. Not a racial thing at all, instead safety. A 36 inch rim probably weighs 200+ pounds. I have yet to see one of those cars with any kind of upgraded brakes. There is no way that a stock braking system could handle that much rotating mass. I do not even believe that there is a braking system out there that could lock up a wheel/tire that large. The cars performance in every way is compromised beyond a safe level to accommodate those wheels. It will not be able to safely steer or stop. That is assuming that the car was even lifted properly, which it probably was not

Stacks on the other hand are just a dumb waste of bed space and a non-creative way to end your exhaust. Sure, they lower EGT's I guess but they in no way compromise the safety of the vehicle. Just give you some insight to the person that is behind the wheel

#250 ·
I agree with muddinman. Not a racial thing at all, instead safety. A 36 inch rim probably weighs 200+ pounds. I have yet to see one of those cars with any kind of upgraded brakes. There is no way that a stock braking system could handle that much rotating mass. I do not even believe that there is a braking system out there that could lock up a wheel/tire that large. The cars performance in every way is compromised beyond a safe level to accommodate those wheels. It will not be able to safely steer or stop. That is assuming that the car was even lifted properly, which it probably was not
Not any different that someone one running around on 42" tires, don't think over ever seen a lifted truck with bigger than stock brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.