Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Go ride?

7K views 60 replies 17 participants last post by  chris1044 
#1 · (Edited)
I started with this friday evening:

And ended with this last night:

It shifts and kick over smooth. Hopefully in an hour or so it makes some noise and my vision blurry. If I can manage to piss off the neighbors with it as well, that would be a plus.

See less See more
#7 ·
Has a new air filter. I can see through the jets i.e. there not dirty/plugged. When I turn the motor over with a drill on the flywheel the spark plug goes spark. So why in the fuck will this thing not go BRRRAAAAAAPPP?

#9 ·
Old man is on the way over with one finally. It does make enough compression that its hard to bump it over pushing as fast as I can down a small hill. Unfortunately the hill is short with little run off and its paved.

#12 ·
So this cr in my basement has been nick named death bike. The throttle likes to stick wfo at the most random times. The carb has been cleaned, has a new air filter and the boot appears to be in good condition. Doesn't seem to be a throttle cable issue either. Any ideas? It also Idles where the RPMs are a consistent up and down.

#13 ·
I had an RM like yours that ran great except for a small issue similar to what your describing on the CR. That small issue had me loop out in the whoops at BaJa and about put me threw the wall at Pro Source.

I Cleaned the carb, replaced the slide spring, cable, thwottle assembly, etc.

Know what it was???

Wait for it......

Small pebble stuck in the inlet of the carb (ran threw the fuel tank, petcock and fuel line and got stuck right before the needle/seat). I was just running out of gas at WFO speeds. Check the entire fuel system, and run an in-line filter.

#16 ·
I have been wanting a 450... Make an offer if you are serious. I have all of the bugs worked out now. We went to cedar creek trail a couple weeks ago and it performed fantastically.

I added another bike to the stable recently too.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Enduro Car

I replaced the steering stem bearings last night. I just need to figure out what do for for graphics and adjust the brakes. Charlie gets it for his birthday on Nov 4th.

#20 ·
the parker ride was today in st helen...no pastrana this year.

#28 ·
I just put it in the freezer at almost 5pm. I just checked it and the overly complicated plug I used leaked. It appears to have stopped leaking though so I'll let it sit over night. I have read if it doesn't take all the dents out, let it thaw and add more water.

#29 ·
What kind of plug did you use? I would try a rubber wing nut plug (similar to a marine drain plug). You might also want to fill it up and plug both ends. I don't know if it will expand like you want with one end un-plugged. :poke:

#30 ·
Its a pressure test plug and its all they had at Menards. It was close to dinner time and I didn't feel like running around town to try and find something different.

I added some water before I went to bed and some of the dents have definitely reduced in size. Its thawing now so I can restart the process.

#36 ·
It looks a lot worse in that photo because of the condensation because it was fresh out of the freezer.

The dents in the expansion are all but out so I think I'm going to tack a nut into the dents near the exhaust port and use my slide hammer to get them out. As far as the rust I'm going steel wool the shit out of it. I have scotch brite wheels for my dremel I might try too.

Shazam Bitches

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.