Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Project Guinness (Finished pics, page 8)

31K views 207 replies 69 participants last post by  JeepMann 
#1 · (Edited)
Time for 60's, stretch, and full hydro.

Ford HP front Back from the sandblaster

Rear blasted

Misc parts

Knuckles cut off, cleaned up, and ready to cook

Lunch break

Cut down, caster set, ready to rock. Going to be about ~64" WMS to WMS

More to come...

See less See more
#143 ·
so how did you get 104 wb with out comp cutting the rear?how much did you stretch the front?

#144 ·
that is where i am at is 104. i had to comp cut my back though. i was hitting everything...yea kirby i like the fenderwell look, that is why i asked because i tried to keep mine, but had to cut it all. most of my stretch is in the back.(so i can climb steeper hills then you.):stan: i am only 3 inch in the front. they did a great job with your jeep.what do you want to change in the rear? not enough squat or too much?

ps.......i wanna see the tape..

#148 · (Edited)
More Stout-ness

I am extremely bored. So I figured I would throw up a parts list and some stats for my build thread: (I doubt few care so flame on)

104" - wheelbase.
23" - ground to skid plate.
??" - Height to Front Bumper.
??" - Height to Rear Bumper. (get those when I get it back)
38" - Articulation to front tire with other three on ground.
39" - Articulation to rear with other three on ground. (these should improve after fixing some compression issues)
Too tall for 4' tall Michelin Man - Height to rock rails

Engine/Transmission:
·4.0 liter
·Optima Yellow Top
·Flowmaster Hushpower II muffler
·AX-15 w/ Centerforce 2 clutch
·ARB Safari Snorkle w/ K&N Air Filter
·62mm Bored Throttle Body w/ Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer
Suspension:
·FT 6" Long Arm heavily modified by JCR and Daystar 1" BL
·Bilstien 5125’s in Front, 5150’s in rear
·FT HD Rear swaybar and Currie Anti-rock in Front
·All mounts, brackets, F&R uni-ball tri links custom fab’d BY JCR
Drivetrain/T-case:
·Advanced Adapters Atlas II 4-speed T-case (1:1. 2.72:1, 3.8:1, 10.34:1)
·Dana 60 Rear axle with Yukon 5.38 gears, 35 spline Moser shafts with ARB locker
·Dana 60 HP Front axle with Yukon 5.38 gears, 35 Spline Moser inner shafts, 35 Spline Yukon Outers with ARB locker, Rock n Roll 4x4 Drive Flanges w/trucker chicks
·Ann Arbor Driveshaft 2 1/2” CV shafts F&R
Steering/ Wheels:
·Interco Iroks 39.5x13.5x17 w/spare
·Stazworks Double Beadlocks 17x9, 8 lug
·Partsmike high steer arms
·PSC Motorsports Full Hydraulic Steering
·Cadillac Disc Brakes
Armor/Bumpers:
·JCR Front Tube Fenders
·JCR Roll Cage, tube tied seats and belts, Frame mounted
·JCR Rocker Guards with sliders & JCR rocker plates
·PSC Crusher Corners with PSC LED lights and custom cut by JCR
·Ruffstuff 3/8” steel Diff covers
·JCR engine skid
·JCR Front Stinger with grill hoop
·JCR Rear Stinger
·Gen-Right Gas tank w/ skid
Misc:
·ARB Minimax compressor
·Ultimate Air Onboard CO2 system
·Tuner FX racing seats with WeaponR four point harnesses (Cage mounted)
·PIAA 520 lights (4)
·Onboard mounted: spare F&R driveshafts
·Two KC 100w lights mounted as rock lights
·Warn 9500XP winch; ORO Synthetic Winch line; x-line Hawse Fairlead

Presently at JCR for fixes from the Trifecta run, tube doors after Harlan destoying both of the half doors, some cage upgrades, install Anti-rock, etc.

Next plans is for some serious horsepower, maybe as early as next month.
Hopefully, I will be adding 5.7 liter Hemi, NV3550, and AA kit to mate to Atlas.

:brilliant:brilliant:brilliant:brilliant:brilliant:brilliant

#165 ·
Did JCR do your front bumper? ...I like the lines of it it..
I think many will chuckle when they read that since my rig is largely built (probably 90%) by JCR. Matter of fact it is at JCRoffroad as I type.

I honestly don't remember what I paid.

They should be able to give you a quote rather easily if you ask.

Also thanks for the compliments but the credit really goes to the JCR boys. I look at it like I am just the financial backing for Daryl's artist desires. But I am alright with that cause he always does me good.

More details here: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpost.php?p=1098203&postcount=148

#174 ·
tjontherox i was asking tom what your name was saw you running around fri.

yep i drove on the tire of this masterpiece.......caint wait to hear that HEMI.

This post has been deleted
#179 · (Edited)
So somebody bought a crate motor, wired it, bolted everything to it just to mock it up on a transmission that just so happen to have a t/case bolted to it ... umm, ok.

If it was bought from anyone else I would seriously doubt it, but it still raises an eyebrow.

#180 ·
So somebody (GM) bought a crate motor, wired it, bolted everything to it just to mock it up on a transmission that just so happen to have a t/case bolted to it ... umm, ok.

If it was bought from anyone else I would seriously don't it, but it still raises an eyebrow.
Not even a scratch on the pulleys. Why is it hard to be new??? I can see what you mean but if it was a wreck it is in good condition, but the motor mounts don't even look like it was ever mounted. It appears to be new. I guess we'll see but I trust the Mazzola's.

#181 ·
So somebody (GM) bought a crate motor, wired it, bolted everything to it just to mock it up on a transmission that just so happen to have a t/case bolted to it ... umm, ok.

If it was bought from anyone else I would seriously don't it, but it still raises an eyebrow.
I have an 04-05' Hemi engine with all accessories and wiring harness, no ecm, mounted to an automatic trans (not sure what one) and an electronic shift t-case (again, not sure what one).

All of this stuff is brand new and never run. It just needs an ecm and you have a complete drop-in badass drivetrain for just about any project or jeep.

I can help with delivery if it is close.

If there is interest I'll get some pics up
well according to the ad.. yes .. brand new never been ran..

#182 ·
did the add say never had oil in it?

"Never been ran" can be inturpreted two ways:

Never turned it over

-or-

Never ran it, as in drove what ever it was in.

Doing prototype work before, I've seen and removed engines that have sat long enough to not look as if there was oil in it, had a scratch on the motor mounts, etc...

btw .... I trust Jim and Bryce too. :thumb: for the most part. :teehee:

#183 ·
It looks like it may have come straight out of CTC or a plant to me, you just do not see complete powertrains that have never been installed/ran just laying around at salvage yards. Wish I would have seen it sooner, would be in my garage right now.

#187 ·
you guys are fucking paranoid, it sat for the last 3 years in a perfect climate (65-75 degrees with a/c) until I got it. there is nothing wrong with it and it is brand new with NO OIL, only assembly lube, the previous owner put a few drops of oil in the cylinders and turned it over every few months so I have no worries that it is perfect shape. yes, it was used to create assembly line fixtures and that type of stuff.

if there is any problem with it I will make it right.

It did not come from GM and has never had any affiliation with that company so please dont bring that up as I still like my job and I plan to keep it. I am not going to publicly disclose where I got it from but I can back up everything that I have said. If it really matters to you that much you can pm me and I'll tell you where it came from.

#188 ·
Paranoid would be totally freaking out and asking you to buy it back. :sonicjay: It never hurts to "familiarize" yourself with a large purchase like that, which you intend to swap in a expensive toy.

I edited out GM last night, I wasn't thinking and realized that being a hemi it probably wouldn't have come from there and wouldn't matter anyways. :thumb:

Now reach back and pull you panties back out of your ass. :poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.