Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

E Cig/Vapor people. WTF is what?

45K views 420 replies 67 participants last post by  jbsjunk 
#1 ·
have a few friends that have quit smoking normal cigarettes by using one form of e cig or another and i'm also thinking of trying it myself.
i'v tried the chantix four or five times and although it works very well and the dreams are awesome beyond belief, it makes me very mean and angry after about a month of using it. it also causes a great amount of sleep loss.
i've tried the cold turkey thing more times than i can count so the just quit comments mean nothing to me.

what i'm looking for is opinions, suggestions and explanations on what is what. i've been doing some research on this and the price range is all over the place and the options are endless.

i don't want to sink $40 into a "starter kit" and decide to upgrade to a $200 unit shortly after. i want a high quality unit with dependability that is user friendly. i like the idea of being able to adjust the voltage and being able to refill the container without buying "cartridges"

opening this up for discussion on WTF is in the "juice" that is being vaporized VS a normal cigarette too.

fire away!

See less See more
#90 ·
if i drank as much as i used to smoke i would be dead within a month. :sonicjay:

just a quick check in....

five weeks cigarette free today and just opened my second bottle of juice last night. this bottle is 12Mg weaker and when this is gone i'll step it down again until i'm at zero nicotine.

i'm already finding i'm using it less and have no want at all for a normal cigarette.

still on the normal tobacco flavored juice and i'm just going to stick to that. the only reason i'm using this is to help me quit smoking and then also be done with the e cig eventually. if i find another flavor i really like i'd just be creating another habit and that's what i'm trying to get away from.

anyway, i'm diggin it and feel better. best of all i'm not taking that friggin chantix.

#98 ·
The wife and I decided to switch to the Blu E-Cigs. Not the single use crap sticks from the gas station but the entire starter kit rechargeable swappable cartridge ones.

Pretty cool design they have going on here. The sampler pack came with two normal tobacco flavor cartridges and vanilla, menthol and cherry cartridges. Each cartridge is the equivalent of 2.5 packs of real cigarettes. Each refill pack comes with five cartridges for $12. That's 12.5 packs of cigarettes for $12 vs $60+ for 10 packs of real cigarettes.

Ingredients in the cartridge: Distilled water, Nicotine, FCC Grade Vegetable Glycerin, Natural and Artificial Flavors and Citric Acid. The only harmful chemical in this is the nicotine itself. Made in the USA. Only byproduct is water vapor.

The pack it comes with is actually an on the go storage case/battery charger too. It's small and carries three spare cartridges, has a battery charger slot (the body of the e-cig) and a slot to hold a fully assembled e-cig. Also came with a USB cord for charging and a car charger adapter.

All of this was $38 to start. Still less than a carton of cigarettes.

We both really wanted something that looked a lot more "normal" than the crazy contraptions you guys have been getting. I'll let ya guys know how this works out. I like the compact design and the pack that doubles as a charging station too.

#99 ·
my friend that got me started on this e cig thing started with the same starter kit you just purchased and it works very well for him. after about 4 months, he is actually to the point where he rarely uses it anymore and still does not smoke regular cigarettes.
I'm working on 7 weeks with my ginormous vapor contraption and it is still working well for me. I have not smoked a normal cigarette and have no urge to ever pick one up again. I'm hoping within the next few months I'll be done with this vapor machine too.
good luck to you and I hope it works well for you both.

#100 ·
Thanks man. I hope we can all drop these death sticks in the near future here.

I've been smoking for 10 years now. I used to smoke Marlboro Reds but when they switched to the new fire safe cigarettes I couldn't do it anymore. Felt like my lungs were totally clogged with cotton and I was coughing shit up like crazy and could barely breathe. I switched to Marlboro Lights and was fine for a year or so but that just ended up in the full rejection I experienced with the Reds. Now I've been smoking Ultra-Lights and am hitting that same rejection point. Can barely breathe and am coughing up shit constantly.

I actually did quit for a little bit when I was still in the Army. I enrolled in a clinical study that was a combination of hospital grade nicotine patches and mandatory phone counseling once a week. I quit for about three weeks and I still can't believe the night and day difference in how much better I felt. It was INSANE. I can't wait to get back to that point again. From what I've been hearing and reading... since the USA made liquid/gel is extremely simple and has no harmful chemicals other than the nicotine itself your lungs actually do start the healing process the same as if you just quit completely.

#101 ·
Real quick update:

I just finished charging the pack and battery number one and was finally able to try it out. I went with the Vivid Vanilla cartridge to try first and I have to say... Holy shit this tastes good. It tastes like an extremely rich, creamy homemade artisan vanilla ice cream.

Fuck tobacco cigarettes.

#130 ·
exactly my thoughts too. Havnt smoked in over 6 years and stopped going to bar so much(was at least a 4 times a week) and I enjoy my extra play money. I may go to the bar once a month to join friends and have a beer or two but then im out. Having drink after high dollar drink, and then going to the bathroom to piss it all down the drain seems like a waste when its $100's a week, then you wake up feeling like shit. Just like every time I see my gf pull money out of her purse to buy her pack a day, almost $200 a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.