Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

the baddest winch ever?

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  firehawk 
#1 ·
thought the giggle pin was fast...wow! this is sick. 3700 bucks it better be.:sonicjay: 2500 is british pounds..
www.redwinches.com

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay: I didn't type fast enough.

#4 ·
I have a bouncer.no winch needed..:sonicjay: I would love to try one.way to much coin though.i always wanted a fast and strong winch.the giggle pins are sweet but I hate the 8274, (yea I know you love them jim, tab, dale and every other old coot wheeler out there...:poke:) so I would never buy one.this looks very well built.

#6 ·
just impressed with these. looks like one hell of a winch.there is a video somewhere and it's dangerous fast! keep hands and fingers off this rope.

#15 · (Edited)
I am aware of these winches as a friend of mine who lives in England competes in a winching competition. From the pictures he has shown me and the descriptions of the events he participates in, ANY American manufactured winch doesn't stand a chance of surviving one afternoons worth of competition.
They will literally hook a winch up to a tree at the top of a hill and LIFT the entire vehicle a hundred or more feet to the top without stopping.
I've yet to ever see an 8274, or any other winch for that matter survive such a brutal use. They change out all the plastic insulators in the motors for pure mica insulators. Wire gages are literally as big as your thumb.
A few years back he was even telling me that they were starting liquid cooling the motors to keep them alive.
Take a look at the pictures and see how massive the copper conductors are.
Not saying I would pay that for the winch, BUT those that are serious do.
When's the last time anyone has seen a winch with two motors on it in the U.S.?
j-kb8ymf

Quote from the specs:

I would say the standard Hornet can easily pull as a minimum 4000kg directly (hanging vertically with no support from wheels)
But this does mean you have to have twin 100A alternators and 2 batteries supplying the winch motors with enough power.

#16 ·
yep I agree. I have never seen a winch like this one.have watched some video of those winch comps and they are totally impressive.the drag there rigs up crazy walls. if I had unlimited money or was a retired guy with all the kids gone...:poke::teehee: id have one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.