Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Bad Seller Alert - Micah Braden aka Micah Denzel-Braden in TC

21K views 152 replies 56 participants last post by  dawnlee29 
#1 · (Edited)
Bad seller alert!!!

Micah Braden aka Micah Denzel-Braden

Attention 4x4 community. Do not buy parts or vehicles from this piece of crap. He will lie straight to your face.

1421 Veterans Dr, Traverse City, MI 49684
1-231-404-3529

He has been to Twisted Trails many times. Watch out for him.

#80 ·
I agree. Verification of things that are internal is at a seller's word. Engine guts are one. Is the water pump a high volume pump? A shift kit in a trans is another. What's the ratio of an Atlas transfer case if it is installed in the vehicle?

Yes, buyer beware. But if a person "swears" that it has a component that it didn't, using specific buzzwords like "chromoly shafts", he is still a liar. Should muddypaws have verified it? That's debateable. Should the seller have lied? No.

#85 ·
Roflmao looking back on ALL of this !! I was there from day 1 of the entire deal .
What a bunch of drama queens and morons ! I thought women were bad !
Truth will prevail .... See you in court school teacher . Yes , I will be there to .

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight prick !

#91 ·
I'd guess because he was just trying to do others a favour by pointing out a possible bad seller, when everyone jumped on his case saying it was his own fault, and he should know better. Personally if a person outright lies about something he is selling, regardless whether I fall for it and buy it or I call him on it and prove him wrong, I feel it is worthwhile for me to let the rest of the wheeling community know the guy is a possible douche seller.

Thanks Tim, I know I will not be doing any deals with anyone with Braden for a last name.

#96 ·
Tim aka Muddy Paws is mentally ill . He needs help and I hope at the very least he walks away from this mess with a lesson that cannot be taught in the curriculum he teaches to kids !!
People like this need an alert tattooed to their forehead !
I'm very surprised he passed requirements given to folks to be able to teach in our public school system ! Scary shit right there !!

#136 ·
I have it on paper, and he admitted it in court and the judge said it still won't help you when talking about vehicle related things in small claims. Judge said if it were a used car dealer then it would have. He said small claims was the wrong court and I should take it to civil court. Like I said, live and learn.

#108 ·
I don't care what it is, If I have a vehicle I am selling, nobody is taking a wrench or tool to take it apart in my driveway. If they wanna pay me the cash, load it on their trailer, then take it apart in my driveway then so be it. But nobody is taking shit apart until cash is in hand and it has the ability to leave my driveway with or without being under its own power. But I also won't purposely misrepresent an item either.

#109 ·
That's kinda the point.

Buyer: Oh, this truck has chromoly axleshafts?

Me: yup it sure does. Here's the receipt, here's the box they came in, here's some sort of legit proof

Buyer: Mind if I take a look?

Me: Sure, but before you do, let's agree to the terms of the sale and I'll write up a receipt.

Buyer: Hmmmmm guess I don't really need to pop the heads.....

Muddy whiner could have done the same. He just wants to blame the other guy for lying but doesn't want to take any responsiblity (typical american these days)

Hag-gar said it best, the deal was done the minute muddy whiner left the driveway. This thread is nothing more than muddy whiner being a whiner, and since he's a whiner I'm enjoying coming into this thread to remind him everytime I can.

#111 ·
Of course I am beating a dead horse, its been fun to come up with any way possible to call muddy paws a whiner.

The dude lied, but he was still dumb enough to buy something on someone's word rather than knowing for himself.

I learned that lesson once. I bought a boat, sight unseen, It showed up in less than described cosmetic condition, didn't run right, and ultimately blew up twice, lesson learned.

You never heard me cry about it though, because it was my fault. I should have checked it out more thouroughly.

#114 ·
I recently discovered I got screwed on a deal. Over a year ago I bought a Jeep from a member with good itrader feedback that was said to have a LT1, Dana 60 rear, nv4500, and a 231 with a sye. I Looked at the engine, yep that's a LT1. I looked at the rear, yep that's a 60. looked at the trans and t.case, yep nv4500 and 231. I bought it without the trans installed so I knew the risk of buying something without hearing it run. It wasn't until a few months ago I realized that I only got 75% of the items that the Jeep was said to have. After getting it running good and swapping in a front 60, I was bummed out about the lack of power. So I was looking for info on cam swaps ect when I ran across a thread talking about the L99 4.3 and how to tell the difference between the 4.3 and the 5.7L LT1. My heart sank because I forgot this small displacement V8 existed. I ran outside, looked at the back of the block, and sure enough it wasn't the 5.7L LT1 but the 4.3L. :(

Did I whine and make a thread about it? No

Did I try and sue someone? No

Did I even contact the seller? No

The way I look at it is you learn from your mistakes. I payed more than $1000 on my purchase. Was I pissed? Yes I was for a minute but I got over it because all I have to do is swap motors and people practically give away LT1s :sonicjay:
If I would have found out that it wasn't a LT1 I would not have bought it.

*Seller said he got it from a buddy that owed him money, so he may have not known that it wasn't a LT1

#131 ·
Face it, you've got a hard on for making Muddypaws a fool just because he came here to serve up a buyer beware on someone who is into the four wheelerin' stuff. It didn't seem like he was looking for the pity party, and I would imagine he'll be more wary next time.

I'm sure everyone who's been the victim of fraud could've done something different to avoid getting ripped off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.