Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#169 ·
Exhaust completed. As geo said, the muffler has been moved from the pic that is show. Further back and up. Comes out under the frame behind the shocks and dumps right beside the gas tank.

I think James did a slam dunk job.

As far as the next update goes, I ran it down the road today & it handled the bumps quite nice. Shocks still need some tuning. Driveshafts arrived today so I should have a wheelable jeep Saturday.

Planning on doing a shake down run at the Mounds Saturday.

#171 ·
Looks nice WhiteRhino. It's kind of tall, plans to lower down a little or are you running bigger tires then the Irok's pictured?
<----Hi9 envy
Shocks aren't tuned yet. Just threw some gas in there to get it rolling & get the exhaust done. I dropped the gas out of the rear & strapped the rear axle up to full stuff for fitting the exhaust. Right now it measures about 5-6" of up travel. Design is for 4".

Yes, we set it up to be capable of running a true 40" tire. And actually, it sits 2" lower than it did with the SOA.

#180 ·
Well we worked till about midnight to get the shocks tuned and driveshafts installed. Found that I needed to clearance the joints some more. I took today off and driveshafts are now clearanced. Temporary limit straps are installed and now it is time to order the proper ones.

As soon as I finish lunch I am back out to install the winch.:woot:

#181 ·
Good to go!:thumb: Got the winch installed & did some cleanup from all the grinding dust that accumulated for the past 5 months. Here's a couple poser shots flexed on some big rocks in my yard.

It still sits a little high in the rear. Not going to do any more adjustments until I drive it a little & see if it settles.

#184 ·
Nice headlight cages. GHAY!!!!!!!:bdr2::tonka:

Ok, nice jeep Jim.:thumb::thumb:
Takes the place of tube fenders for protection.:sonicjay: Nice of you to notice them, which have been on there for years but not notice all the fresh black paint.:miff:

So when is the first breakdown...um... I mean shakedown run?

Looks good :thumb:
Tomorrow.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.