Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

92 Exploder Suspension

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  88mudder 
#1 ·
i need some ideas for the suspension on my dads exploder hes building. he wants to clear 33-35" tires. as of right now its stock with some fender trimming already done. what have you guys used that works well and what doesnt work so well. cheap is always better but quality is also a factor. help me plan this suspension for him...

any ideas?

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
i have 6" SJ TTB brackets
8" SJ coils
f250 Shock Mounts
extended the radius arms 13" if i remeber right and used a set of 2000 E150 radius arm brackets modified to fit with some 4" Superlift drop brackets (i have a cross brace that i bolt in to tie the radius arm brackets together but did not have it installed saturday...
i use a 6" drop pitman arm

the rear is a simple SOA is good for about 5-6" with just that, i got perches from cascade 4wd and made some shock mounts, i did have to lengthen my rear driveshaft about 2-3" after about 6" of lift

and i modified my trans crossmember cause i have a homebuilt doubler that i was runing saturday but when i got home i was playing in my yard and broke the doubler shaft so now i'm going back to a stock t-case for miff's spring fling (if i can afford the 3.49 agallon to go that is)

i have a leaf sprung D44 from a 78? f250 that is full width and drivers side drop, i'm debating going that route instead of the TTB, but i just $300 alone on the TTB brackets last week so i may stay with the TTB for awhile......not ready to loose my A$$ on the parts i just spent a fortune on

#11 ·
i'm runnig Superlift 5.5" drop backets with 6" Skyjacker springs. Just stay away from the kits that have the drop plate, unless he likes holes in the front diff.
For my exhuast i'm running hollowed cats,2 1/4" pipe and cherry bomb. i was runnig a Speed FX which is the same as a flowmaster, and it had a nice tone to it but wasn't loud enough for me until i hollowed out the cats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.