Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Actual pic of the new TK

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Yetti 
#1 ·
#6 · (Edited)

The front of this MAY be different since it is the 4-door version, the 2-door might have a differet bumper :thumb: ie less plastic

my thoughts on the TJ replacement,
--bumper end caps arn't my fav, but then again nearly every TJ owner that wheels their jeep pulls them off anyways, and i'm sure DCX engineers already accomodated for that
--I like that it looks like doors are still removable and windshield foldable
--No more REAR MOUNTED GAS TANK!!! , that means rearend coilision safty has gone up, also less likely to come down on it
--Disc breaks all around
--Retention of solid axles

--ALSO NOTICE!!!! the passenger side has a manual lock!!! not many cars have that since they all now have electric locks and remotes, this jeep most likely will not since it has a manual lock which indicates that there is no electrical connection between the door and body!!!

--ALSO NOTICE!!! Take a look at the rocker area, it looks like there are new, standard rocker guards, the color difference and texture between the rocker covers/guards to the fender flares looks to indicate that rocker guards are standard

#8 ·
I work on the real deal...that an't it.

what ever it is its is built for the European Market, its got bumper inclosers in front and has safety markers that stick out of the front flairs, also look at the rear it has huge lights buried in the bumper for the euro requirments. did you also catch the fact its RIGHT hand drive?

#9 ·
Right hand drive can sneak up on you, ya know? First thign I noticed was the gap filler between the bumper and the fender flare. Euro doesn't allow the tire to be seen from the front between bumper and body.

Now, aside from that pic I did follow alongside a camo'd one similar to this that wasn't RHD, so perhaps there will be a 4 door here.

#14 ·
Hal9000 said:
--ALSO NOTICE!!!! the passenger side has a manual lock!!! not many cars have that since they all now have electric locks and remotes, this jeep most likely will not since it has a manual lock which indicates that there is no electrical connection between the door and body!!!

A manual key lock on the outside doesn't mean jack. Most cars still have them even WITH remote locks in case your battery, or the car battery goes dead. If they have removable doors with the power stuff im sure there will be a quick connector into the door to unplug it all... they they dont then DCX is more gay then i thought.

#15 ·
jeepfreak81 said:
A manual key lock on the outside doesn't mean jack. Most cars still have them even WITH remote locks in case your battery, or the car battery goes dead. If they have removable doors with the power stuff im sure there will be a quick connector into the door to unplug it all... they they dont then DCX is more gay then i thought.
i didn't notice that it was right hand drive at the time, every vehicle has a lock on the drivers side, but not many cars have locks on their passenger side anymore, go look out in a parking lot, car makers will do anything to save a few pennies, and a lock cylinder on the passenger side is a luxury these days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.