Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Rear mounted Rad.

869 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mclovin 
#1 ·
what do you guys use for tubing ?? this is for my dad's bug project but it's all Chevy stuff.. stock blazer 4.3 and Radiator I told him to use copper tubing then use whatever rad hoses will connect the gaps.. there's some other stuff thats like 3 or4 bux a foot that i think we could just run front to back and call it a win like this..

A friend of ours said to use 3/4" heater hose :confused::confused:

See less See more
#2 ·
3/4 would be way too small and restrictive...could use exhaust tubing, which would be cheap and easy, and then you could just have any exhaust shop bend it up for you, would be a lot cheaper then copper, and last for quite some time used for just coolant...

if you do decide to use flexible hose for the entire run, just be very careful about the routing and how its mounted...the clamp in the pic you posted will probably chafe and rub through the hose before long... in a case like that, cut another small chunk of the hose, slit it and wrap it around the hose, then put the clamp over that.

#3 · (Edited)
yea i didnt like that clamp i just wanted a pic of that style hose.. I never though of exh pipe.. would be way cheaper than copper..

and something about this just didnt seem like it would work ?

but in his defense that vehical doesnt run for long periods of time either..

#5 ·
exh pipe it is.. i just went back and looked at Natureboys Xj buggy build.. he used some kind of Conduit.. im assuming electrical conduit.. i guess ill see what the price difference is.. this is Dad's project and im just trying to help him get it finished..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.