Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

leaf spring question

3K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  dakotaguy1 
#1 · (Edited)
ok i bought my truck and i have heard that certain year chevy lift springs will fit dodges of certain years anyone know what years? oh for an 1983 ram

#18 ·
i got a 88 i bought a 5.5 inch lift and made the rest im clearing 40's those old trucks are super easy to get big with bein leaf sprung let me kno if you need any ideas i can show you mine. i went with superlift i think they also have an 8 inch lift they sell mine is about 10 inches of lift now

#31 ·
73-87 chevy fullsize trucks and blazers use the same width and overall length rear springs. only difference between chevy and dodge is that chevy the axle location is centered between the 2 ends. on dodges the axle is moved forward slightly on the spring. that won't matter because if your doing a big lift you will need a longer driveshaft anyways. chevy springs measure 52" long 2.5" wide with axle spacing at 26"x26". dodge springs use 52" long by 2.5" wide springs with axle spacing at 24" by 28" now for the front dodge uses a 48" long spring where the chevys only use a 47" long spring. again it's not a big difference. possibly using a longer shackle can correct any flexing problems associated with a shorter spring being put in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.