Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Bike Ride Sat Aug 11... any interest??

10K views 137 replies 36 participants last post by  medicbear 
#1 ·
There are enough of us on here who own motorcylcles, Stogie and I were thinking about putting together a bike ride...

I do not care where we go, but maybe we could find a central location to meet and have someone local map out a ride....

#64 ·
Yeah sure! I have a friend from Canada meeting me at my place Sat Morning...... you can come over too and we can ride up there together....

#69 ·
So I havent kept up with all 4 pages of posts. Whats the plan. Meet at Boomers at noon? Then what? Where we going, etc???
Bill & I went out last night to track the map......

we'll be going up to Otisville, Lapeer, Rochester, then back around to Clarkston....... A stop at a bar in Otisville, then in Lakefield, then Rochester...... after we get back to Clarkston..... it's all for one and one for all......

Its about 110 mile trip, smooth country roads, with only 8 miles on the freeway....

We'll all meet at Boomers at 12:00, we'll wait a few minutes for the straiglers.... then we'll highball outta dodge!

I don't have the internet at home so If any one has any questions, feel free to call me on me cell 248-568-8110.

#70 ·
Sounds like a great trip. Have a safe ride guys. Would like to join you, but heading to West Branch to work on getting things ready for the Pig Gig. I will however be on the Harley (What a surprise, eh??)

#72 ·
Don't leave with out me I was up till 4 am and sleep in and have to go finish puting the trailer back together 3 bearing pack jobs and reasembley in Howeel , Crystal is staying home now So I packed the bike with good clothes and cleaning up and leaving from Moms house!

I will be there for sure so try and hold off till i show up!

#83 ·
The Beer was cold, the skies were blue, the bike were runnin good, the roads were smooth, and the people were 1st class!

Good times were had by all!

I would have taken some pics but my camera just happened to be in Sturgis without me.....

It was good meeting everyone and I'm glad Icebreaker and Skypunk were able to catch up in Otisville.....

I can hardly wait for the next run!

Thanks for posting the pics!

#87 ·
For those of you that went... bad news...

Remember the guy outside Boomer's that I was giving a hard time about not going on the ride with us... he should have went...

turns out on his way home a truck pulled out in front of him and he laid the bike down....

He has tons of road rash down his left side as he tried to ride it out but was thrown from the bike. His wife road it all the way out and has road rash on both arms, burns, and stitches to her face.

Prayers....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.