Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

***2013 Rejects Run***

25K views 338 replies 52 participants last post by  Petsan 
#1 · (Edited)
So who wants to get together for a trail ride in grayling Jan 25th, 26th, 27th.

No entry fees
No prizes
No free meal

JUST WHEELING!!!

Friday there will be a evening/night run trying to get on the trail between 5 and 6pm
Saturday will be a all day run 10am-? with dinner at the hotel and an evening of fun.
Sunday if we still have survivors we can do another run long or short depending on everyone's time frame.

The List!!! 20 rig Limit...

tcxtreme1000-TJ locked hp30/8.8 36s
Trick-ZJ lockers 33s
Petsan-XJ 33s
DirtyMittenMudder-TJ locked D44 35s
rentalrider-FSJ, locked f/r, 37s
kenziefacee-xj 33s
Blakemore00xj-LJ posi f/r 35s
The Uncle-LJ Posi f/r 35s
masterbeatty-Dodge 35s
Toyfish-TJ 32s
BLZR-S-10 Blazer 35s
foratm-xj locked 31s
Swampdog02-YJ 1 tons 35s
ThinICE-LJ Rubicon
JohnL-ZR2 locked f/r 33s
deerebowtie-Tahoe sas spool 44s
7.3x-F350 35s
Gunsworth-YJ Locked 33s
mcleod-locked 35s
rideraa-TJ d44 f/r locked 37s

Planning on staying at the Ramada 2650 S I 75 Business Loop, Grayling · (989) 348-7611
So get your reservations in. There is also a Days Inn next door if you prefer.

See less See more
#134 ·
Sound like you guys are gonna have a good time;) my parents live in starvation lake which is up by mancelona, we wheel there quite a bit. usually lots more snow that way. sunset trail will pretty much take you that way with lots to do along the way. If you get towards deward ( near Frederic) be careful, the dnr likes to ticket back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#167 ·
So, what's to keep another group of 20 or less from wheeling near the first group? Possibly a larger tired group and a smaller tired group? At least a couple in each group with knowledge of the local trails? And I'm asking this as a serious question... there may be a legal reason I'm just not aware of one. Seems this would make for a better trip for those involved as well. Of course maybe this was addressed and I missed it... like the fact that the first page changed to a sign up list. I (somehow) missed that as well lol. Possibly a reject run's reject run? Oh, and FWIW nice job to those who are putting the effort in spur of the moment to put this on. Seems easy to newb's but I know it isn't. It's a headache I'm sure. I'm certain there are MANY who appreciate your efforts.

#168 ·
So, what's to keep another group of 20 or less from wheeling near the first group? Possibly a larger tired group and a smaller tired group? At least a couple in each group with knowledge of the local trails? And I'm asking this as a serious question... there may be a legal reason I'm just not aware of one. Seems this would make for a better trip for those involved as well. Of course maybe this was addressed and I missed it... like the fact that the first page changed to a sign up list. I (somehow) missed that as well lol. Possibly a reject run's reject run? Oh, and FWIW nice job to those who are putting the effort in spur of the moment to put this on. Seems easy to newb's but I know it isn't. It's a headache I'm sure. I'm certain there are MANY who appreciate your efforts.
There are some leagal restrictions on the size of groups out on the trails w/o a permit. Might not want to push the issue of having 2 big groups in one area like that?
But then again, this is not an organized run, (per-say) it's a bunch of friends wheeling.

That being said:
There's no real sign up, just put together a group of rigs that wanna wheel, establish trail leaders/tail gunners, develop a route that makes since, book your rooms, show up that weekend, and have fun. Locals within your group will defiantly help with the fun factor, as well as keeping out of trouble with "The Man".

I've put together our own group of multi-sized tired rigs. We've all ready planned & pre-ran our route. It's a few miles away from the other planned routs, but it's going to work for all of our rigs.

When it's all said & done we'll be hanging out at the hotel after the run, and having a great time with everyone. Kinda sorta like Snofari.

If you want to be a part of the Reject-Run & need some help developing a route, please ask. Plenty of good folks on here with local knowledge. The less it involves the snowmobile traffic areas, the better. Remember, STAY OFF THE STATE SNOWMOBILE TRAILS. We want to try to be as legal as possible doing this, so the more effort you put into this the better time you're gonna have not having to worry about the legal issues with the DNR.

Hope you can make it!

#169 ·
What's up rental. You said you were in for the run. There is a list just so everyone knows who else is going there is actually closer to 30 rigs so far. We will break into to groups that make sense and go have fun. If we need 3 groups then we do that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

#170 ·
No, no... no problem with me at all. I just read a few guys were talking about "if spots open up". I'm just trying to offer a potential solution. I believe all of us can relate to not making it into a run. Apparently my post came out wrong (long day at work after a long weekend of hunting/drinking). I was just pointing out that I'm an unobservant, infrequent poster and didn't realize the first page had changed. I mistakenly thought it was cut off at 20. It's all good, and thanks again. :rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.