Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

vacation pics ( 56k run away )

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sw_mi_xj 
#1 ·
cherokee north carolina in mid october , we caught the leaves at almost peak color . pics from the porch of the cabin ( was @ 5250 feet )

had to go run the " tail of the dragon " since we were so close . had fun even in her liberty , got passed by a couple of crotch rockets on the way back down .

clingmans dome outlook in the great smoky mountain park , 6300 feet .
kind of overcast that day , but the clouds were cool .

last day at the cabin the fog rolled in , kinda spooky . where's the mountains ?

wish i could upload the full size panaroama shots , but might blow up someone's monitor :sonicjay:

See less See more
#5 ·
Deals Gap is the name of the area / town on the south end of the Dragon. The Dragon is the term for the name of the road, also known as 129. I've ridden it a couple times on a bike. It's a lot of fun, but then again with all the traffic and retarded squids it can be a bit crazy. There are so many beautiful roads in the area. I love it there.

I am suprised there are no pics of the Tree of Shame at Deals Gap though. People put up parts of the bikes that broke off during a wreck. lol

Nice pics!

#7 ·
Out of curiosity, how busy was it when you were there? I've only been there during August and September and it's always real busy with bikes going everywhere passing on curves and everything. It was a bit chaotic. I was there one time during the rain and it was great because the road was mostly to myself.

#8 ·
silly busy , last ride of the season for some . and the colors tour made it pretty packed .

followed a cadilliac down , he freaked out and swerved right off the road ( into one of the ohshit area's ) when the bikes went past us both on a curve .

#10 ·
we were thinking the same thing , we should send a few to jeep .
too bad they changed the body style ( they probably wouldnt use them ) .

the cabin we stayed @ is called Raven's Crest , i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a secluded getaway . pet friendly . ( kinda small , no yard )

aprx. 5 miles to the cabin once you turn off the paved road , takes 30 ~ 40 minutes to get up there depending on the weather . website says 4wheel drive not required , but do yourself a favor and take one anyway .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.