Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#447 · (Edited)
well the decision was made yesterday.....jeep is getting scrapped. it pains me but makes the most sense to do.

me and cory start on my new chassie next week. i have most of the parts for a buggy in my garage and i don't need 2 rigs. i have wanted a buggy for a couple years so it is time.
so stripping all the parts from my jeep and all the new stuff i have for it and it is all going into a new rig.
will be running a 5.3 with some mods,14 bolt, hp60,16 inch 2.5 coilovers front and rear,4.3 atlas,keeping my 42's for now until i can get some 43 stickies.
going to be a 2 seater around 52" wide, 118 to 120 wb, full southern style.

#453 ·
well the decision was made yesterday.....jeep is getting scrapped. it pains me but makes the most sense to do.

me and cory start on my new chassie next week. i have most of the parts for a buggy in my garage and i don't need 2 rigs. i have wanted a buggy for a couple years so it is time.
so stripping all the parts from my jeep and all the new stuff i have for it and it is all going into a new rig.
will be running a 5.3 with some mods,14 bolt, hp60,16 inch 2.5 coilovers front and rear,4.3 atlas,keeping my 42's for now until i can get some 43 stickies.
going to be a 2 seater around 52" wide, 118 to 120 wb, full southern style.

I don't understand why you need to hold hands with someone. Just do the single seater and be done with it already thats what you really want:poke:

#450 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay:

i saw you called back but i was busy.i will call you later.

the game is changing..that little dinky thing you have is already outdated.your jeep was always a chic rig so you better give it to her and join us in the world of tube.:finger:

#458 ·
should be next week. cory has to finish the one he is on then we start mine.

#461 ·
paul i hate to say this..but joes rig is one of the best working full bodied jeeps out there. and he is one hell of a good wrench. (yes there goes joes head growing again)
that being said. yes he should still give it to his women and build a buggy.
he has already been talking about it.:sonicjay:

#468 ·
i just talked to him again tonight. he has some good info when he wants to share it..i am in a big decision on what to run for a tranny now. he and some others have gave me some good info.

#470 ·
i wondered if you were going to get one goin soon. im stopping by corys tomorrow to check out jims

#471 ·
I like the buggies. But I also like to drive my rigs. if I built a buggy and I will have one for myself some day. But it will have to be able to drive in the summer on the roads some how that is just part of the fun.

Erin I'm sure you will test out the limits of your new buggy and I will be there to watch the action.

#482 ·
rumor has it some parks are looking into hosting the "big" buggies and having runs around michigan, this wouldn't have had any influence on your decision would it? although i herd you were one of the people pushing for this anyways.

#485 ·
yes there is some new stuff going to be built in the spring that is going to be sick.there is also talk of a bounty hill and readers run in canada.

#484 ·
yea i found a hook up for them. shawn just bought some 43's for his. i need to get the buggy done before i worry about tires. i have some for know.

#492 ·
i think since i have everything..i am going to try a stick in it.joe said i had to do that.... if i don't like that i will run a 350 or a 400.

#494 ·
well i just left cory's. he is on his super sleeper truck conversion.. so most likely we wont start on my buggy until i get back from koh. we have a plan, some money and a bunch of parts...i am ready!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.