Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

When your time's up

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  cj65 
#1 ·
Ok, so last night I was on my way to my buddy's house when a cop passed by flying, when I got further down the road i saw a few cops. I said to my friend I wonder if some one got hit by a car? There was one car on the side road, by now where right there cops are just getting out of there cars. in the middle of the road was a body laying flat with his head smashed like a watermelon, the blood was running down the road out from under his head. My cousin's own a funeral home in town so I've seen my share of dead body's but this was different, I can't get the image out of my head. I drove past there today and all the blood was still there. Walked out of the party store and 5 steps later he's dead.

#3 ·
Fuck it. It don't mean nothin'.

#11 ·
A friend of mine and I were first on scene to a minivan roll over, driver fell asleep at the wheel wife and one kid was ejected from the vehicle. Husband and one kid in vehicle were fine, wife broke both legs, 11 year old daughter bled out as we tried to stop the bleeding from an open fracture and torn artery in her leg. She died in our hands basically. Had a hard time with it for a couple of months, changed my mind about becoming a cop. Hard to see someone die like that, but you deal with it eventually.

#14 ·
"Hearses don't have Trailer hitches, You can't take it when you go"

That quote always sticks in my mind when I see stuff like that. Not that bad of stuff, but still. Goes to show that we don't know when/how we'll die. Sometimes things like this will change how someone lives because they realize that.

A friend of mine and I were first on scene to a minivan roll over, driver fell asleep at the wheel wife and one kid was ejected from the vehicle. Husband and one kid in vehicle were fine, wife broke both legs, 11 year old daughter bled out as we tried to stop the bleeding from an open fracture and torn artery in her leg. She died in our hands basically. Had a hard time with it for a couple of months, changed my mind about becoming a cop. Hard to see someone die like that, but you deal with it eventually.
My brothers is a Paramedic and I can't imagine going through some of the things he does. Thank you for whatever service you were doing. Not all of us are meant for that line of work.

#15 ·
I used to drive a wrecker for a living. We had the police towing here where i live. And more than once i arrived to a fatal accident . Seen alot of nasty things, the worst is when you get there and you knew the person. Had to call 2 separte familys that i was friends of the victim. Not an easy thing forsure. By far the worst was a motorcycle accident and it was a kid i grew up with and we were real close when we were kids. I had to give his parents # to the police i couldnt call his dad it was just to much for me to handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.