Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
74K views 478 replies 81 participants last post by  Rockstar 
#1 · (Edited)
#196 ·
You gotta understand Neil...none of this was personal. I would stick up for anyone that I felt was wronged by any business out there. You can't blame me. I didn't build the shit. Thats on your hands.

Ya, you made it right by returning his money but you should never have let it happen in the 1st place. You aren't an idiot. You HAD to have known that those bumpers weren't right. The ONLY people who should be blamed is you and Paul. You let them go...twice...and THAT is what pissed me off.

#193 ·
I think everybody should open up a fab shop, repair shop, parts store, or whatever. That way they can see what a cake walk owning a business is. Better sew bigger pockets in your pants to carry all the cash you'll be making.

When you own a business you can work half days! Any twelve hours you want.

#194 ·
Why are you still going on about this. It is over. Neil, Paul and myself have settled this and put it to rest. You keep posting rather stupid shit that implies that the situation is the customers fault. Get over it. Who cares what days YOU work or anything about you? Are agreement worked out and that is the end of it. Leave it alone.

#199 ·
White rhino. we told James we would refund is money right from the get go.

He called 2 days after this all started and we work out when we would take take of it.

He mentioned not i that he was gonna edit his post some because it got out of hand. And of coarse i said thank you for that. I did not make it a condition of the solution at all.

#208 ·
Fair enough. Earlier on it sounded like is was a condition of the refund. I'm glad that I misunderstood that.

Do you actually own the business or are you an employee? I'm not being a dick, but there is a huge difference. If you own the business and have to fly around the world for customer service you completly understand what I'm talking about. If you are employeed but you job is to handle the the occasional problem with the customer, you are doing what you need to do as part of your job. I'm sure you are also a dedicated employee and a hard worker. Anyhoo, if you are flying around the world doing stuff, it sounds like you've got a pretty cool job.
Actually both. I have owned my own custom wood working business for about 12 years. I do custom CNC routing on the side.

Second, no, I report directly to the owners, who 3 out of 4 are retired. I am the person responsible for ALL warranty and customer relations. So, even though it's not my money, IT IS MY ASS and also a reflection on my wage and bonus program. The reason that I am in this position is that I understand customer relations and what it takes. Case in point; I was sent out to a customer where we had screwed up more than once. Some of the issues were ours, some were theirs but it boiled down to communication. It was a necessary trip but my boss told me, "you're going to get kicked out of there but you need to go anyway". Didn't happen, I came home with a satisfied customer and a new order. Another case in point, we had a $300,000 job that went overseas where the email communication indicated that the entire job was going to be sent back. I went over there, met with the customer and negotiaited a $15,000 settlement AND, a new order from a different part of the mill.

I once had a customer tell me this and it has stuck with me ever since;
"It's not that you screwed up......... it's what you do about it when you do"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.