Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Jim Beam

3K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  chris1044 
#1 · (Edited)
Jacob's ghost, Have any of you connoisseurs tried it yet? Instead of my usual Makers or Beam white label the warden brought me this. I have on open mind but, my hopes are not high for the white whiskey. Damn lazy pics, just don't want to stand up.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
$22.00. And well Sir........I don't like it. While it is very smooth it has no caramel flavors and. No lingering after taste that I expected and enjoy from other Beam products. Definitely not the classic Bourbon flavor I am used to. More like a cleaned up Seagrams.

#5 ·
While it is very smooth it has no caramel flavors and. No lingering after taste that I expected and enjoy from other Beam products. Definitely not the classic Bourbon flavor I am used to. More like a cleaned up Seagrams.
TY.....that in itself makes me not to even want to try it.

I will stick with my Maker 46 as my staple :)

#14 ·
As wrong as the name sounds, which conjures up giggles from the youth I prefer Knob Creek, and yes its a Beam family product. Jim Black and Devils Cut are staples as well but i prefer the Creek. Heard Buffalo Trace is supposed to be good and when I get back from Afghanistan I am going to buy a bottle to try.
:woot:

#16 ·
It sounds like it's just unaged white dog. Jack Daniels is coming out with a clear product soon as well.

I have a bunch of the extra white oak staves they put into Makers Mark 46 (used) that I'm making shot glass racks out of.

#19 ·
DuffMan;3320451]It sounds like it's just unaged white dog. Jack Daniels is coming out with a clear product soon as well.

Label claims it's not Moonshine or un-aged White Dog. Hell if I know otherwise. I do know as shitty as it is and it is shitty, I completed the bottle by 2 A.M. and awoke at 8 this morning without so much as a slight spark knock, no "headache" at all. I agree yellowcj5, Knob Creek is good Bourbon.

Attachments

#29 ·
We're going down in April. My niece just got married and they are living down thar by Lul-ville. My brother brought up some Apple Pie Shine at Xmas time.

I have some Buffalo Trace thats my go to. My Daughter got me a bottle of Makers 46 for my B'day and I just picked up a Bottle beer barrel Bourbon at the New Holland Brewery last week thats not too bad.

Had a Gingerbeer and Bullet at French Laundry last weekend, Awesome. Can't wait till summer floating in the pool with that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.