Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

d ring mounts

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Mclovin 
#1 · (Edited)
I am building a new rear bumper. I have some Weld on d-ring mounts laying around, and i was wondering if it would be strong enough for a recovery point. The bumper is 2x4" and 3/8" thick. If I do this, I would have a professional weld it for me. Anyone use these mounts, or have any input. These are the d rings that i have sitting around. Would these work?

See less See more
#4 ·
I have two pn my rear bumper of my Jeep as recover points. Yanked on them a few times and no prob with them. Just make sure there is a good weld on them as long as the bumper is weld and bolted on as well

#6 ·
on my old front bumper I made clevis mounts out of two pieces of 3/8" angle welded into a "T" and put a 1" hole in the center. they mounted to the bumper centered on the frame horns with 4 grade 8 bolts each. never failed. I wouldn't use them on anything over a 32" tire. with the install of the 35's I made a rectangular tube bumper with 1" thick weld thru mounts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.