Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Feeler for 86 Grand Wagoneer partout... ***PICTURES ARE LOADED AND ONLNIE***

4K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Paintballpsyco236 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I may be getting an 86 Grand Wagoneer that was an old farm Jeep at my grandpas farm. I am getting it for the front axle, all leaf springs, wheels and tires, possibly some other odds and ends and the rest would be available. No pics as of now. It has the AMC 20 rear axle and a 258 I6. The engine is NOT original and was replaced a few years ago. It has less than 50k on it if I remember right, though it could be less than 30k. Last time we moved it, it ran GREAT!. Body/frame and pretty much shot. I can't really use anything else from it than I listed so it's all up for grabs.

The deal is, once I get it loaded up and to my house, it goes 2 or 3 weeks on trailer being parted out, then whatever is left gets scrapped.

I NEED TO KNOW ASAP WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, AND WHAT YOUR OFFER IS. I will probably not be shipping anything this time and I will not part anything off the engine at this time, it will all go as 1.

Please let me know if there is anything you want and I will decide based upon response if I get this or not. Thanks for looking,

Paint

See less See more
#5 ·
What trans does it have? I may want the engine-trans t-case.

#9 ·
Gas tank skid I know for sure is gone, one side actually fell off one day when my grandpa was driving it, was able to drive it to the barn where he had a friend of mine and I cut the other side down, damn near crushed my buddy's hand when it fell lol. My dad and grandpa ended up doing a pretty sweet custom strapping setup. It is whole as of now, if I have enough interest in stuff I will get this and part it out for sure. No clue on the condition of the filler door, but it is there. Same with the tube. Didn't have a chance for pics today, sorry. Will try again this weekend.

Paint

#14 ·
Work had me too busy to get any more info on this. Lost my job last Friday though so was able to go get more info lol. Found the original window tag in the glove box, here is what more I now know from it:

- 1986 Grand Wagoneer, 4 door, 4wd 4.2l with 2 BBL Carb (should still be the same after engine replacement)
- 3 speed automatic
- 2 sped t-case
- 20.3 gallon fuel tank
- fuel tank skid is toast
- Garnet Metallic
- Garnet leather bucket seats with armrest
- 3.31 axle gears
- Aux trans cooler, trailer towing package

Aside from other standard suspension parts is lists, or other stuff about the engine I can't really quote with certainty since the replacement That is about it. If I can get over there during the day sometime soon for pics, I will try to. Barn has no lights though so it's kinda hard to see in there...

Seems the original mileage ratings were 15 city, 17 highway if anyone wants to know lol.

Paint

#21 ·
They seam to be in great shape actually. Had been considering keeping them for my commando build since these were both my grandpas jeeps, but would rather try to get the commando ones re-upholstered... I need offers on just about everything on here, no clue what this stuff is worth... I haven't looked at the brackets, but I assume they are in pretty god shape as well. Thanks for looking,

Paint

#29 ·
Was going to be keeping all the leaf springs and associated parts, though I might be interested in selling all the springs as a set possibly. I'm still not sure I'm going to do this even as people mainly seem to just want the seats. It really is the engine on top of the seats I would like to have someone who wants them before I do get the Jeep, would hate to scrap those things as the engine is practically new. I would consider parting it out I suppose if people wanted parts, but I would be keeping the parts for a stroker from it if I did that... Thanks for your response,

Paint

#31 ·
I'm taking offers on it all, all I really want from this is the Front axle, leaves and driveshafts, and the wheels/tires. Other than that, taking offers and trying to get stuff lined up. The thing of it all is, I don't want to have this thing in my driveway more than a couple of weeks and have my parents pissed off at me again, If I can get the majority lined up to go though (engine/trans, seats and maybe doors etc) Then I will get it. Kind of an odd situation, so I just need to have things lined up to go asap...

Paint

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.