Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Customer Cage...

5K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Factory Rat 
#1 ·
We have been talking with a customer about a cage for his Rubicon. Last weekend he dropped it off with some renderings of what he was looking for.

He picked it up this morning and this is how it turned out. Most of the concepts are close to his drawings... but we moved some tube around so the nodes flow nicer, and it fits tight with his speaker pods. Another suprise (to him) was I ran the speaker pod and dome light wiring inside the cage instead of on the outside, factory style.

This cage was built with later upgrades in mind. Once he ditches the back seat he will go with full seat tie-in's and mounts for harneses...

His color choice was "Safety Red" (Yes I know we need a new camera :tonka: )

See less See more
#10 ·
do you do any testing on the cages? is in like on the comp, to see if they will handle the stresses of a roll over?

#11 ·
noodles said:
do you do any testing on the cages? is in like on the comp, to see if they will handle the stresses of a roll over?
I'm sure they design them with that in mind... That is kinda the point of having a cage after all... :miff:

#13 ·
noodles said:
They wheel their rigs hard enough to test their fab products, but I don't think they are in any comps. I only know 2 people from MI that run comps.

You don't have to run comps to roll over.....

You guys have came a long way since you got me hooked on Yotas... nice work as always

#16 ·
hosejockey4506 said:
only 2 haha theres probally 50
Who else? I honestly only "know" 2 lol... Ok, maybe 3.... And I meant on a regualr basis, not just once a year or so. Jesse doesn't count anymore.

#17 ·
Who is doing computer simulations for there aftermarket products? I would love to talk to them to do some marketing material for the design software I sell. Any info would help. Since I am tyring to finish the YJ and sell it (driving a 2006 Scion xB now) I need to find a way to still exercise the JEEP demons.

Cool roll cage. Very clean lines on there and appears to be minimal visibility loss.

#19 ·
We price on a job to job basis, depends on options, if we have to paint it, etc...

Our base cage prices are on our site for a quick reference. If your looking for a quote on a custom cage, feel free to PM me or call me and I can break it down for you.

#21 ·
Monster4.0 said:
I like the cage, but those wheels are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.:tonka: :brilliant

You should see that rig on the Irocs, it looks a ton better.
Hey, leave my bling bling wheels out of this ... at least I don't have to wait until spring for my Jeep to run! :stan:

This cage worked out great. The front part is neat as hell and I think the back came out really well too. Everything works exactly as it did when it came out of the factory, but with a bunch more protection, and that is exactly what I was after.

Thanks to Brian and the guys at JCR for a great piece of work, I would recommend their work to anyone.

:woot:

#22 ·
whitham_wannabe said:
Hey, leave my bling bling wheels out of this ... at least I don't have to wait until spring for my Jeep to run! :stan:

This cage worked out great. The front part is neat as hell and I think the back came out really well too. Everything works exactly as it did when it came out of the factory, but with a bunch more protection, and that is exactly what I was after.

Thanks to Brian and the guys at JCR for a great piece of work, I would recommend their work to anyone.

:woot:
lol..

That cage looks badass... One question, why didn't do the frame tie-ins?

#23 ·
It's still a daily driver, and I didn't want to take out the insulation of the bodymounts just yet. Also it's going to get a wheelbase stretch next year and until I know exactly what that is going to involve in the back end (suspension tie ins, wheel envelopes and so on), I'm going to leave it as is.

Don't want to do stuff twice ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.