Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

98 TJ Build....Updated 4/16/10

110K views 732 replies 90 participants last post by  benny87 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I was going to wait for little bit before I start to post it up, but a buddy convinced me to do so.. My project was starting as a 98 TJ from my previous builds have ended my JP to 6in long arm and ARBs front and rear with 4.88 gears and an NV4500 trans. Now its onto one tons and arounf 40s depending on what tire I buy.

Build Specs:
Poly mounts, front 3 link and rear 4 link
79 fornt HP 60, 5.38, 35 spline inner and outters
GM 14 bolt 5.38 gears
2.5" x 14" SAW air shocks
fuel cell

Ill take some more pics after this weekend when i get the frame all cleared off and so on.

Ben

The Jeeps resting place for the build.

Front axle out

The only bling I have for right now.

And the old tires are for sale so go see them in the sale section.

See less See more
#469 ·
After some testing I ran it out of gas 20 ft from the driveway..:teehee:

Big thanks to Bryce for helping me with some engine issues then doing the cam re-learn and now she's running good.

Need to add some more oil to the shocks, doing that tonight.

But i have a bad pump for the full hydro, so calling PSC today to get that sorted out and hopefully get one next day aired here so I can take it to R&V this weekend...!

I thought I would be nice and show some updated pictures.

#480 ·
So after my first mounds trip a few weeks ago, had some issues which included:
-The underhood temp getting warm and overheating the steering resevoir and the orbital.
-The fuel cell getting overfilled and spitting fuel out of the roll over valve/ breather.

Old truss.

New truss.

I added the F.A.T.S to the Jeep and that helped with the fuel going through the ROV, also I can only run my tank at about 85-90% of 20 gallon tank. No biggy.

For underhood temps, I am getting a hood louvers to let the heat out. I also used reflective heat tape that I use at my work (2500 degs.) and that kept everything cool their mostly.

Took it wheeling yesterday and got to play around with it some more.

Time to get the rockers on asap...!

This was my GF first time actually wanting to learn spotting, so no comments about the commentary from her... :sonicjay:

#487 ·
I can't believe I'm going to do this....but...

X2 on GeoBoy...

...bump it's, not just a hair accessory...

...air, good UNDER the tires, not so much IN the tires...

Either way, it looks like the rig will be very capable after a little debug and "getting to know you" time....nice work!

#494 ·
For and update,

Went to Twisted offroad this weekend.

Steering still getting hot, so Im moving that around tonight, also I think I have narrowed it down to the engine getting vapor locked..

So I am going to fix some of these problems, I also bent a 3/8" axle truss.. Just a tad, but that got fully boxed last night..

Also found that 3 psi in the 42's works amazing, thanks to the double beadlocks, never lost a bit of air. And adding the 100 CC's of oil per shock made the suspension so neutral it was un-real.... SO happy with the suspension...!

37" irok swallowed... :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.