Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Anybody into the older Kaw dirtbikes?

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Fraser 
#1 ·
I just picked up a KDX175 and was just wondering where I could find the serial # on the bike so i can find out what exact year it is for parts and stuff. i got the # off of the motor but google didnt bring me anything :(

#3 ·
sometimes they are stamped under the engine on the frame tubes, sometimes you can see them with out removing the engine sometimes not. the numbers would be on the 10:30 (right tube while sitting on bike) 1:30 (left tube while sitting on the bike)or area if the bottom of the tube is 6. there should also be one on the engine that should be the same as the one on the frame. check over the lower half of each side of the cases.

#16 ·
It now runs and rides, coil was shot and the flywheel was loose enough so you would get power for a couple kicks and then nothing :bdr2:. got the flywheel on there tight and a new coil and was out in the dark b/c the headlight was workin :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.