Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

V8 5.9L to V10 8.0L Swap???

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bullet 
#1 ·
So i have the opportunity to get my hands on a NICE 99' V10 for a dirt cheap price.

I can't seem to find any information anywhere to answer this.

Anyone know if its possible to fit a 99 8.0L v10 into a 99 ram 1500 4x4 SLT?

I have a distinctive feeling that this i'snt exactly going to be a walk in the park... BUT if anyone could answer this for me or direct me to somewhere i could figure this out at, i would greatly appreciate it!!

I dont have all that much time to figure out if im going attempt this or not before my bro sells this thing, but i dont want to make a hasty decision im going to regret later =P

#2 · (Edited)
It's been done in a dakota with major mods, usually they choose a 3/4 - 1 ton chassis for this swap. I would say it's kinda like a big block swap. Standard crap applies.......make the exhaust fit, complete computer swap from the original truck, the engine harness, trans harness, gotta see if the fuel pump pressure can hold up? Maybe even a fuel tank swap, I don't know about the front suspension on a 1500........the weight shouldn't be too drastic from a v8 to a v10?, I bet that trans for the v10 is totally differ from the v8 one and has a HUGE cooler, fab some engine mounts or just buy them. I've seen guys swap in a turbo cummins deisel into a gas 4x4 truck was pretty bad ass. Would be a cool unique project. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.