Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lets See Your Tow Rig

391K views 1K replies 419 participants last post by  SHARPMACHINE 
#1 · (Edited)

2001 Super Duty 7.3 My DD and Toy Hauler 135,000 mi.

See less See more
#333 ·
Here's my new truck. It's an 88 GMC Jimmy 1/2 ton with a 350 TBI, 700R4 with shift kit, posi, rear leveling springs, and a class III receiver. Not the best thing to tow with but it'll get r done!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#337 ·

just bought it
its a 2003 1500hd fully loaded with leather all power 4x4 and quadrasteer. its been babied it has a bed rug under the touno cover and no damage under that to the bed floor.
this is a pic from my test drive first drove it empty then drove my old truck home and picked up my trailer and toyota and went for a second test drive. its first real trip will be in a few weeks.

#338 ·
Here are two pictures of the new truck loaded up heading back from the dunes:

That is 24' flatbed trailer with a Honda 450r in the front, Raptor 700r next, Wolverine 450 4x4 third, and a RZR-S in the back. There is also a 400ex in the bed of the truck. This truck actually handled the trailer great...the total weight was around 6000lbs, and the trailer had a lot of tongue weight.

I added a set of Firestone Ride-Rite air bags to the rear of the truck to keep it from looking like a dog scratching its ass, and they worked out really well...there was around 45 lbs of air in each bag for this trip. Each pound of air gives approx 50 lbs of lift, and each bag can hold 100lbs.

#346 ·

will you make your Duramax have it's way with mine?? :beerbang:

EDIT: specs are
01 duramax
ATS Tripple Lok converter
Air Dog 150
Juice with Attitude
RFI intake
boost valve
4" straight pipe
powerflow single 6" stack
etc.

sure :sonicjay: wanna make fast little d-maxes? :naughty: :thumb:

nice LB7 btw. :rock:

I sold a 2002 LB7 just like that to get the LBZ. my LB7 was EFI tuned and Suncoast as well. it was a little slower than my LBZ is.

#350 ·
start savin for a Suncoast and then do the EFI at the same time. you can get the DSP2 switch and possibly the DSP5 by now. I had the DSP2 in mine so I ran a hot tune and a tow tune.

my LBZ has the DSP5 and I only run 3 tunes with it. hot, tow and stock. I daily drive the hot tune since I have a trans to handle it.

thanks again for the compliment, appreciate it.

if you're close to Indiana, then I'd highly recommend Fleece Performance for the trans/tuning. Brayden is a friend of mine and has done both of my d-maxes. but, Merchant does some really nice work as well so you should be covered either way. :naughty:

if you have any questions, give me a holler. maybe we'll see ya out on the road sometime.

I still need to black out my bumpers so it has the silvy SS look

#366 ·
My dads that he's finally getting some use out of...

2007 freightliner columbia chassis with a 2008 showhauler conversion, all living space, no garage.
Mercedes aluminum 12.7L, 450 hp, 1650 ft-lbs (not positive on the numbers... I'm a little sketchy without looking them up.)
Meritor skipshift automated manual trans, it's either a 10 or 12 speed... cant remember....

40,000 lb rated hitch and it gets about 9mpg.