Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Tigers '2012

21K views 346 replies 44 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 ·
So far so good. But Figured I'd make one thread for me to bitch about Leyland, Raburn and inge in future games instead of making multiple threads.

#308 ·
And I thought the problem was that he was throwing slow fast balls right over the plate.

After he choked on the A's, they were going over his pitch by pitch on Drew & Mike. Drew wsa talking to some number nerd, and they said if he's pitches 93mph or faster, his average was under .200, but less than 92mph and it was well above .300.

I noticed in the choke on saturday night that he was pretty much 91 and 92mph. He might have hit 93mph a couple of times.

#309 ·
yeah, I never would have thought the problem was him going through some retarded routine for a half hour before each pitch, I would have figured it more on serving up big cheese right over the plate pitch after pitch....unfortunately I didn't get to see saturday nights implosion

#312 ·
I know, the wording amused me though so I was literally compelled to comment.

Guess my medication isn't working today :teehee:

All in all, the strike zone has been weird - although I also don't think that the TBS-SrikeZone grid is very accurate, and well their coverage sucks, including details such as the Audio feed (but that could be Charter's fault?)

At times there were a lot of pitches that tiger catcher's set up with their crotch/glove on the outside corner of the plate, and they didn't have to freaking move it - knee high and they couldn't get the call.

so on one hand, it seemed like we were forced to throw pitches more over the meat of the plate - but Valverde didn't seem to have much control in terms of varying location/height, etc., or zip on it either.

#314 ·
I've wondered how accurate those things are.

#319 ·
Who cares about the play at 2nd?
I'm positive had they called Infante out, the Yankees would have won 100-1....since, you know. They have been killing it.

Honestly, part of why I love baseball is that it is imperfect.
Blown calls are part of the game, for both teams.
Umps having their own strike zones is sweet...makes the pitcher/catcher respond.

#331 ·
Tonight's game was awesome. I have a short Video of the last play of the game. This was one of those things that I am so gl ad I was able to go to and to be there and have my son with me.

#337 ·
This run has helped with how bad the season was.

It's amazing what happened once Leyland settled on the right lineup (with the exception of Gerald Laird....fuck you Gerald Laird).
I'm glad that Dirks is now playing everyday and the Boesch experiment is over.

If you told me before the playoffs that the 3 best players (outside of the starting pitchers) would be Delmon, Peralta and Coke I would have told you to get off the pipe.

Now, lets hope that Delmon is only a Tiger for one more series.

NOTE: If you are curious why I hate Gerald Laird, look up game 163 in 2009. That fucker went 0-6 with 10 runners LOB. 1 hit would have changed that game. And I loved how he was the only one in the lineup to not get a hit yesterday.....and leaving 6 on base.

#339 ·
I LOL'd when they gave Delmon the MVP and said he's a class act. No doubt he did his work on filed in the ALCS, but he's no class act off the field.

I hope Leyland stops the best matchup BS with Laird and benches him for the world series; but I pretty much figure that ain't gonna happen. I was damned surprised he didn't put valverde out there for the last out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.