Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Dec 01, Moose run to OSTC in Rose City

3K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  nightcrawler 
#1 · (Edited)
December 01/07. Leave Harrison Moose Lodge at 10:00 AM for Rose City to show support. all welcome, always a good time. :beerbang: :beerbang: :bdr2: :nana: :hack: :woot:

#6 ·
The moose goes on a trail ride the first saturday of every month. We dont usually go on the same trails everytime. But the next time your up if you would like to go riding just contact one of us (duntruckin, ljltruckin, big ugly, ron price...) and if we are available we will go for a ride and show you around. This group usually goes almost every weekend...

#15 ·
Doors are not required or desired, brakes are nice, most of us have them during our work-day.
Also any stock 4x4 will make it,
tow hooks or recovery points strongly recomended. Come out, have fun. :beerbang: :naughty:
Even Jap vehicles??

#20 ·
Went to the Evart area yesterday for the first time in years and you are correct the DNR has bermed off or blocked off with large rocks or stumps a number of trails up there that had previously been open. The only areas that I saw torn up were torn up by skidders with all of the clear cutting they have been doing up there recently. :thumb:

#21 ·
A couple folks from GLFWDA were contacted by the DNR a month or so back saying that they had observed people tearing stuff up. Wanted to know if we knew who it was. Has nothing to do with the logging.

Today I got a call from a guy saying he heard the guys from Harrison were running up that way. Suggested it might be them.

My whole purpose here is not to flame anyone. But, if newbies are getting trails closed by being stupid, it needs to stop.

#27 ·
That was last june or July and they got the kids responsable already. It was from a video they posted on Youtube that started the investagation. And what got them caught. In the video the truck in question was said to have a CC sticker on it and we were looked at because of it. Then when they caught the kids they realized it wasnt us they just had a sticker.. I know that people from glfwda were aready aware that this matter was taken care of already. Because I discussed it with them at the ORV meeting in AUG.

#22 ·
the people who led us around are from evart andhave ridden those trails for 20 years, yes they took us on trails that have been open for years and are now closed , a couple of us were over their last fall, so it wasn't us, just because it was harrison people doesn't mean the moose, they have their own legal wheeling group, it was our bunch the fukowe puddle jumpers that gets together and goes out more than once a month. night crawler I am sorry your post got hijacked,mudrunner

#26 ·
Ok back on point!!! We will be there if we can get a dana 300 and have it in before this weekend. Got new CJ7 (which we love :thumb: ) but linkage is screwed and wont come out of 2 low :( If anyone knows how to fix or knows where one is let us know, posted it in the wanted section also.. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.