Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

2013 Fall Pit Trash Shoot Out

14K views 138 replies 30 participants last post by  CAMO MAN 
#1 ·
Registration starts at 9am, competition at 10am, cost is $30 a team. Top prizes determined by class participation. Trophy's will be awarded frist second and third place. All contestants will get a free tee shirt. Camping is available for teams that want to enter the park Friday night September 13th

All Competitors come big, to win big !!! Rigs compete against each other classed by tire size, for big money on the wildest off road course in Southern Michigan.

Walk in Spectators will watch as 4x4 vehicles of all sizes race over dangerous obstacles for a chance to win up to $500.00.

The park will remain open as usual to all other off road guests.

https://www.facebook.com/events/672276632800201/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

#98 ·
Ya I had a prety good tire first run and I was going to re run until he ran 30 seconds faster the me
And I figured there is no point breaking my shit for nothing

#99 ·
Plus for you guys pretty hard to beat someone who had already ran the track twice, when you were running it for the first time.

One improvement I can think of is a simple timing light system instead of a hand held stop watch, but I'm not complaining I had a blast, swapped in a spare axle shaft and wheeled till 7:30 that night.

#104 ·
Had a good time. I agree need a buggy class felt bad for the 35" tire guys getting smoked by a full blown ultra 4 buggy. Also there should be no changes to the track during the class running. Didn't think it was right to fill in the ledge at the top of the hill when the 40" tire guys were running there second lap after a few had gone and only the two most well equiped buggys there were left. Did that change make a differance in the out come?

#106 ·
track stays at it lies. that's the luck of the draw. getting an early draw you get a less chewed up course but nobody to watch and learn from. get a later draw you run the risk of a torn up track but you get the benefit of watching the others and learning from it before you run.

#111 ·
Hats off to Bundy Hill for a great event. The course was awesome!!! I also agree on separate class for buggies, had my 6300lbs full body grand Cherokee running against big motor buggies that weighed less than 1/2 of my jeep. But then again what counts as a buggy, never could get rules that would make every one happy. can't wait to see video!!!! I cleaned all the logs off the hill climb on my 3rd attempt. Again thanks to Bundy Hill and all helpers for great event. This was 3rd time entering and it gets better every time:rock::rock::rock:

#123 ·
Thanks for the video NightKrawler . Been jonesing for a sneak peek.
Thanks. Been trying to find some time to put something together. Thanks goes to RioGrande for the video though, I only put it together and posted it. He actually took most of it. I didn't take any video or even a single picture that day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.