Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

2013 Fall Pit Trash Shoot Out

14K views 138 replies 30 participants last post by  CAMO MAN 
#1 ·
Registration starts at 9am, competition at 10am, cost is $30 a team. Top prizes determined by class participation. Trophy's will be awarded frist second and third place. All contestants will get a free tee shirt. Camping is available for teams that want to enter the park Friday night September 13th

All Competitors come big, to win big !!! Rigs compete against each other classed by tire size, for big money on the wildest off road course in Southern Michigan.

Walk in Spectators will watch as 4x4 vehicles of all sizes race over dangerous obstacles for a chance to win up to $500.00.

The park will remain open as usual to all other off road guests.

https://www.facebook.com/events/672276632800201/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

#72 ·
I'm have been planning on being there for quite some time, just hope all the cards fall right so I can make it happen. Waiting on 1350 series yoke instead of the 1310 I got sent to me, then need to install that and driveshaft, plumb rear brakes bleed system, fill transfer case with fluids , install coilovers and springs. Yoke is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday hoping it makes it earlier and wife having surgery on Thursday means all this has to be done Friday, yippee!!!!

#74 ·
1) Separate line for competitors this year?
Yes if you have your yellow card already you can pay at ranger shack by the gate. If you dont have your yellow card we are still working on the details for that.

2) For first timers to Bundy Hill do you have to fill out the waiver form and get your "card" for the year?
YES

3) Is there an extra fee for the card?
NO

#81 ·
Found out some new information about the cost of the Shootout. According to the Facebook event page to compete it's going to cost $55 -
$30 for the team
$5 for the spotter
$20 park entry fee.

But you will receive a free pass to come back to the park.

#84 ·
Scared, no :sonicjay:. Apprehensive yes.

Gonna cost me a min. of $200 to compete (Fuel and Enrty cost). Works been slow the last couple weeks, if I break anything even remotely expensive I'd be out for the Loonie Run. And the $200 to compete would be coming out of the Loonie fund. I missed out on the snow wheeling at curlys in May, I don't wanna miss out on this.

#103 ·
It really was a pretty good course :thumb:

The video should be very entertaining. Saw somebody launch it over the finish line and deploy the air bag, another jeep the spotters helmet came flying off after launching and nosediving across the finish line and burying the front leaf springs into the ground. Same guy probably lost about 20 sockets from his tool box in the whoops section, the camo jeep went into the woods and apparently hit a small tree and it got wedged between his hood and grill hoop - he must've needed more camo. And one of the guys from Duck Dynasty showed up and trashed an 80's Ford Bronco- halfway through the course pretty much every body mount broke and the whole body was coming off the frame about a foot every time he hit a bump, it looked hilarious through the whoops. That didn't stop him, he still finished in style w the pedal mashed to the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.