Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Never Enough.....SAS blaZeR2

100K views 530 replies 74 participants last post by  Judd 
#1 · (Edited)
Here’s my first build.

I would first like to thank my grandparents and especially my grandpa for all of his help with the build. I have been doing all of the work in his shop with his help. This both of ours first truck build but, not his first time in the garage... Ill let you see some of the toys that have rolled out of the garage before :naughty:

As of now
99 Blazer zr2
4.3 v6
-msd ignition
-jba headers egr delete
-flowmaster super44
-gibson 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust
-missing kitty
5 speed
31 bfg at's
torsion bar lift
lift shackles
homemade front bumper

Here it is

Here is my first stuck:sonicjay:

See less See more
#384 ·
Damn shopping carts :whiz:

This looks familiar, you Kristyns brother?
Whats your plan for the blazer now? caging it and making it a trail beater?
Think I might know her. I borrowed a bender from intodeep and should be starting on a rub rail system soon! Then next winter it will get tied into a cage. Basically an exo hybrid, just in 2 steps.

Grady: "He loves trees!" :sonicjay:
I about died when I heard that :sonicjay:

#394 ·
If I were you I'd also flip the bolt so it drops down from the top. That wayif the nut does manage to come off, the bolt is less likely to fall out because gravity is holding it in place instead of trying to pull it out.

#391 ·

For those who are interested that's my dad standing next to me. I took him last year to this event (Snofari) as a passenger. He had so much fun that 3 months later he had to have a rig of his own. He ended up buying a 02 tj sport with a 44 rear, 3.73, and a 5 speed. We worked out a build plan and he wasted no time putting together a beautiful jeep. In less than a year he has added a Rock Krawler 3.5 short arm lift with Bilstein 5100's, Spartan lockers f+r, Warn bumpers, Smitty 10k h2o winch, radiator and ps box skids, 33 km2's, Spider track wheel spacers, and he just picked up a set of sliders too! Next on the list a set of beadlocks and then diff covers.

It so nice that our group has named it the pretty jeep, being so he takes bypasses and "keeps the pretty jeep pretty" :lol: But he still keeps up with me and enjoys technical driving along with spotting my pile. I've been told to back up and bump it as well, so he knows how I wheel and is ok with it which is awesome! Unforchantly its hard for us to wrench together because he lives in Indiana, but we make sure to wheel together as much as possible! It has been awesome to have such an experience with my father and I cant thank him enough for everything he has done to so we can enjoy the same hobby together.

#393 ·
Well tonight was a fail.

Wired up my wireless controller only for it not to work. Has continuity and power to all the right wires, battery has proper voltage ect and still no worky.

Now I'm stuck with only power in again (which is the reason I bought this)

And to top it all off my alternator quit working. Noticed a loud sequel and thought it was the the only idler pulley with 100k on it so I picked one up. Soon realized I had the wrong part and ran back to the parts store to find a locked door at 9:02. Tried knocking, no luck so I'll be heading there at 730 to grab a AD244 and 96" long belt. That will give me 145 amps vs the 100 I have now and it bolts right in!

:whiz:

Off to bed, Chile run version R&V.0 waits for no one!

#401 ·
I did and they offered to overnight me one. The catch being I'd have to pony up for it first and they refund me when they got mine. Completely understandable, but college = no monies for 2 sets of RCV's at the same time lol

I just got informed that I was being bumped out of shot gun position to driving for this weekend, so I wasn't 100% ready for this trip is all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.