Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

We Close on our house this thursday.

3K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  89Jeepy 
#1 ·
2 story Colonial center entrance attached 2 stall garage.
4 bedroom
1.5 bath
1700 square feet (not including the basement)
2 fire places (one wood one converted to gas)
all hardwood maple floors.
big fenced in back yard that is pretty wooded.

Fiance and I got a hell of a deal WOOT.

i cant wait to get in there on friday and rip all the nasty dog pissed on carpet and resand the floors and poly them.

thanks for the 8K obama :nana:

#9 ·
i busted my ass on all those leaves last weekend.

Last night we went to the house to find out that the yard had been winterized by a lawn care company who also would have taken care of the leaves.

The seller is an old lady who is basically out of her head so she didnt even know she had that.

6 hours of leaf piles for nothing :(

Nice. Pics needed.
You mean "thanks for the 8k taxpayers".
i know :d: we got this house so CHEEP its crazy.

#19 ·
or a jeep modified with a front mower deck! :woot:

jk, i dont want a riding mower, too big of a storage compromise for that little of yard. I would rather have a self propelled push type mower. :thumb:

I would rather have the additionaly space to stack tires im not using :teehee:

#37 ·
Well it has been 3 weeks and we are finally moving in this weekend.

In the last 3 weeks i have ripped out all carpet (1800 square ft) redid all the hardwood oak floors (1300 sq ft sanded & poly) the other 500 we did floating laminate, took off all the wall paper and painted the rooms.

I have been at the house everyday till at least midnight every night.

I am tired and sore, i cannot wait to move all the shit in now :rolleyes:

#39 ·
kitchen - was the easiest, it pulled right off with just your fingers
formal dining room - worst - had to score it + diff + steamer
bed room 1 and 2 - pretty easy with the steamer
bed room 3 - 1/2 went easy the other half they used a different glue or something cause it was a bitch.

I used a wall sander on all the walls to get them smooth again, worked great.

Pulling all the carpet was disgusting, animal piss on every square foot of the full 1800 was nasty

I sanded the floors of 6 rooms and the landing with the drum sander, that was the most work.

Currently i am just finishing up the trim work cutting in the painting.

We will have to just get the carpet for the one family room and then it will be mostly done.

#42 · (Edited)
We got the house in Nov, so i did all the lawn tending only to find out 2 days after i was done that the PO (old lady who had lost her mind) had a lawn care service. They probably got there and drank beer for 4 hours and just hung out. They did get every little leaf that was in the garden though that i missed. how nice of them :teehee: , nice waste of a weekend for me.

That sucks. Congrats on getting moved in. :thumb:
I think we (I :teehee:) did about 20K worth of stuff (professional cost) for about 4K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.