Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1997 Ford Explorer Sport AWD $500 before part out!!!!

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  El Jefe 
#1 · (Edited)
The Good
-just replaced 4.0L SOHC that had bad timing chain guides (common on the ford 4.0) with newer 4.0L motor with only 50k on it and updated timing chain guides. new motor runs AWESOME!

-rear mono-leaf springs have been replaced with full springs from a 4 door and rear shocks are brand new MOTORCRAFT

-4x4 works great and all components have had regular service (t-case flush, differential services) transfer case was replaced when i first bought it with a reman unit.

- all 4 tires are goodyear wranglers and all have less than 10k on them. 2 are only 4 months old. the other 2 are a year old.

-exhaust is leaking by muffler but i have a brand new offroad y pipe and a new performance muffler both still in the box. just need a tailpipe.

-front end was rebuilt last summer. new tie rod ends, ballljoints, control arms, and sway bar links.

-sunroof and power windows all work

-heat works great

-everything but a cone filter for a custom cold air intake.

THE BAD

-ac does not work.

-rust on bumpers rockers and tailgate

-leather seats ripped

-needs brakes (they work but they shimmy pretty good)

-needs ujoints in driveshaft. just clunk a little when you move from reverse to drive.

-when i was cleaning up after the motor swap i tossed a bolt that ended up hitting the car and spidered the passenger side rear quarter glass. i bought a new window for it, i just havent had time to put it in.

ALL WORK WAS DONE AT A FORD DEALERSHIP EITHER BY OR WITH THE HELP OF A CERTIFIED FORD TECHNICIAN. (engine swap i pretty much just held the tools haha)

i've put a lot of time and money into this truck. probably more than i should have. but all the work i've already had done will make a good daily driver for someone. either call 517-920-3337 or message me here if you have any questions or want to take a look. asking 1500 or best offer. thanks for looking!

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.