Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Where to buy TrXus M/T's?

2K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Spence1986 
#1 ·
I'm not THAT far away from Indy for 4wp's, but I'd rather not take that long of a road trip just for tires.

BTW - I'm looking at 33x12.5x15

I did find that sams4x4store.com has them for the best price online, but if I can go "local" and not pay shipping (tax won't be that much), so much the better.

As soon as I get these, I'll have three 33x9.5 BFG A/T's available for spares for people (I'm keeping one as my own spare).

Thanks! :dunie:

#4 ·
clarkstoncracker said:
Discount tire will match any internet price.
Good to know!

www.sams4x4store.com has the size I'm looking for at $124.03 each!
Better than 4wp's.
If Discount tire will match, then I'll be going there as soon as I get my wheels - and my truck so I can actually get them out of the store!

Thanks!
Todd

#5 ·
Discount doesn't stock TrXus they will hafta order the size you want. Plus the will match any internet price, but not just the tire price you found. But the tire price plus shipping you are paying 4wp or National, Tirerack, etc.

At least thats what the stores up here have told me....they wanted to know what the price was I got online with shipping.

#8 ·
Just to update -
I stopped by Discount Tire in Mishawaka (Grape Road) this afternoon asking about prices, they can match the $124/ea price!
So add $19/ea for "certification" and $11/ea for mount/balance, then tax, I'm sitting at about $650 out the door.
Not too bad, I think.

#9 ·
Another bit of info (for those who may or may not read this :p )
Tirerack lists the BFG M/T in the 33x12.5x15 as 64 lbs.
Elias 4wd Center has the TrXus M/T listed at 58 lbs shipping weight.
So the TrXus may not be heavier that I thought.
I'll find out soon enough though.
Todd

#12 ·
That's what they call a road hazzard. Anything happens, they replace the tire free. I didn't ask if they pro-rate anything though. I'll find out more later.
Todd

#15 ·
Lothos said:
They cannot obtain Traxs MT's. At least none in SE Mich. Nor Belle Tire or any other chain.

I went to Discount Tire on M-59 in Waterford on the way home from the M&G this afternoon and they didn't have a problem looking up the Trxus MT's at all.

#16 ·
Lothos said:
They cannot obtain Traxs MT's. At least none in SE Mich. Nor Belle Tire or any other chain.
not only have I purchased a set from discount tire, but I know one other person who bought them from another discount tire then me, and another guy who bought them at belle tire..

all in oakland county.

so, thats at least 15 trxus mt's that major chains could get ahold of.

I bought 35", the other two guys bought 33"

#18 ·
CC and PP, Lothos just bought a set before Xmas....it might of been a problem then. You know how it goes, Interco gets behind on production of certain types, and people hafta wait a while. Seen how Discount and Belle don't stock Swampers they can only get what Interco has. If you call National Tire, 4Wheel Parts, etc...they have huge stock of all brands, so your chances are better getting some. I know this is a problem with some Iroks right now, or was a month ago.

Mudslinger....thread wear is okay, better than a bias swamper or SSR's, but I thing my BFG M/T's, and ProComp MT's wore much better.

#19 ·
FWIW, I checked all 3 counties along my paths and all gave me the same answer before T-day that they shared the same supplier and the supplier refused to stock them even though he stocked Thornbirds and SS radials. I bitched a fit at the manager down at Belle's warehouse and maybe they finally listened after I brought a set in to be mounted I had to buy online just to get. It wasn't an issue with Interco, it was whoever the local shops use as a supplier. BTW, Tirerack.com is Discount Tire.

#20 ·
Lothos said:
Tirerack.com is Discount Tire.
No, www.tires.com is Discount

When I went to discount before about swampers, they told me they order directly from Interco. That was a couple of years ago.......

Last spring when I was trying to lift my Jeep, I went to Discount in Midland and Bay City to see about a price on 37x12.50 MT/R's....niether Discount would match the price from tirerack...it was to cheap and they told me they would be giving the tire away.
At the time, tirerack was asking $181 a tire, plus $85shipping for a set of 4.

#23 ·
Nrth said:
BFG M/T or Trxus m/t for mud and trail riding? Mostly a dd.
From the responses I had on 4x4wire to that same question, majority said the TrXus. I've read elsewhere a couple people going from the BFG to the TrXus and liking the results.

#24 ·
Elbow_Greese said:
From the responses I had on 4x4wire to that same question, majority said the TrXus. I've read elsewhere a couple people going from the BFG to the TrXus and liking the results.
I think BFG's last longer at least mine did, but you will get better traction with the TrXus.....not night and day better, but better.

I also will be getting another set of TrXus when I go to bigger tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.