Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Who works at Best Buy or knows someone who does?

832 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kickstand 
#1 ·
Purchased a Denon Home Audio Reciever from Best Buy in December 2011.

Reciever broke in August 2012.
Took it to Best Buy in October 2012 for factory authorized repair.
Best Buy emailed me to come get a new reciever in November 2012.
They gave me a few choices:

I. Get reasonable replacement of brand and features.
A. Pay difference if new reciever is more expensive
B. Get difference as a gift card if new reciever is less expensive.

II. Get store credit of reciever.
A. Store credit will be less than what I paid for due to the 'old' reciever has 'devalued' since I purchased it.

-------------
I've never had something like this, and it doesn't make sense. If the product is worth XXX amount of dollars, and I paid for it, how come Denon doesn't just give me the replacement?

Granted an in store credit sound good due to me picking out something else. I have 2 other recievers that are good, so I don't really need another replacement. But to get less than what I paid for it just based on age... doesn't sit well with me.

Any advice?

See less See more
#4 ·
But to get less than what I paid for it just based on age... doesn't sit well with me.

Any advice?
less based on age and technology advancement is exactly what I would expect in terms of a pro-rated replacement. what else would you base it on?

e.g. the same functionality/feature set that you purchase can quite possibly be purchased today for less money than you spent originally.

I hate best buy
x2. We bought a new samsung fridge there only because the wife earned a $750 best buy gift card as part of a sales promotion/reward. else I typically don't even dry by them let alone go into them.

#5 ·
In scenario 1, what value are they using to determine if you get a refund or have to pay more? Is it the same 'de-valued' figure?

#6 ·
Value as when I purchased it.

Which is good to get a replacement. But since I have 2 other recievers, I don't need one. But, they don't have the model that I bought. Otherwise I'd just take that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.