Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Rustys Track bar warranty?

735 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  boggin-machine 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the warranty is on a Rustys Track Bar? I puchased an XJ last weekend and took it trail riding up in St Helen yesterday down some mild trails. The end of the track bar ripped right out of the bar and stripped the threads. I can weld the parts to gether and not worry about having to buy a new one, but if I can get a replacement, that would be better.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Generally most manufacturer warranties are to the original owner. Usually don't transfer with the sale of the vehicle.

Yep just checked " Rusty's Off Road products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle."

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
When my Rustys track bar failed after the first outing I was told, probably by the same lady, that I installed it wrong. Because the jeep was parked on a 4 post hoist and not on the ground I did it incorrectly and they could sell me replacement parts.

#6 ·
basically what i got as well. i did something wrong and they wont help me at al but are willing to sell me another one and more parts.

i understand that the track bar was 3 months old when i called about it after driving it 2 times. once again they dont care but will sell you new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.