Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Xtreme-fi do not deal with

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Zach4739 
#1 ·
Xtreme-fi austin tx aka "the throttle shop"
I bought a bored throttle body, for my jeep stroker, from these jerks,a few months ago.
I sent them a really low mile core. all my contact info,my auction id num, and a little note, saying that I dont care if they bore my core or send me one that they have ready,what ever is easier for them.
I paid for this on sat,shipped my core monday,they received it on thursday acording to fedx tracking num.
I asked for a call, or email, giving me a rough idea as to when I could expect my throttle body,in my emails,and in the box,with my core.
about 10 days after fedx said they receieved (and sign for) my core I email no reply,i call leave message,no reply.
i reply thru paypall and they answer back (its the rules) saying they never received my core but they will ship me a t-body asap if I pay core charge.
i tell them they signed for it weeks ago,refund my money thru paypal,f##k the core and my shiping I paid.
they reply "we found your core machined it,and its in the mail"
i receive a old,pitted throttle body with no vacum port for the map sensor,no bosses to mount it,and they sent a housing for the iac motor,that I removed, still have.
I call email,nothin.back thru paypall they respond ,they sent me, what I sent them just machined it. I tell them that I have no where to put my map sensor,and I have a extra iac housing,they reply that all iac housings are the same. Wtf!!
i drilled the vacum port my self and ziptied the map senser to the intake,it works but it sure is not what I paid for.
i put a posting on clist and got a bunch of pissed of people telling me similer stories,but I dont see alot of neg. Feedback on fakebook or ebay??

See less See more
#3 ·
Update
The throttle blade is now sticking in the bore at idle, so bad it's almost undrivable.i have to smash the gas every time i stop and let the motor come to a idle. Im gona put a stock one on and order one from someone else.
F*#k the throttle shop and fi extreme in austin texas

#5 ·
I hav'nt found any one local, but there are several people on ebay that sell them,i'll do more research this time.
I have posted on differant forums,as well as the bbb,im not one to slam a company for a bad product,if they take care of it,but these guys are completly useless.
Im doing my part to make sure no one else buys from them untill they fix there customer service,but they dont even care.they NEVER answer the phone,not once,i've called at least 30 times,left at least 20 messages.they dont answer emails,unless it's through paypall.they have to answer the paypall emails or they wont get paid,when they do reply,the answer doesnt even make sence.Im planning a trip to texas this summer,and plan on going to jail when i find them.Im saving money for bail and a lawyer,thats how pissed i am,i gona fuk them up bad when i find them.

#6 ·
As far as I know they only do GM products but try contacting CFM Technologies they might work with your Jeep TB? I have had work done by them with 100% satisfaction and they will answer your phone calls :sonicjay:

PS: The manifold you sold me worked great...thanks!

#8 ·
Bump,to protect people from extreme-fi,aka the throttle shop.
I've lived with this sticking,rough,sticking throttle shaft long enough,In the scrap pile it goes.

Thanks for taking my money and selling me junk EXTREME-FI AKA THE THROTTLE SHOP AUSTIN TEXAS.Bored throttle body,jeep throttle body,jeep stroker throttle body,jeep 4.6 throttle body. Fuck EXTREME-FI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.