Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

2000 Silverado Z71

20K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  94transam25th 
#1 ·
Ok guys so ive had my truck just over a year and have been modifying it when i get the cash (Full time college student)

Heres Some pics

When I first got it

Brush Guard

This fall i really got some work done on it and did painted to match fender flares, 3" torsion bar lift, and some 35" bfg mud terrains

And Now the newest upgrade is the 10k Hid's A lil too blue for me but they will do for now

Soon To Come
Superlift 7.5" Lift (Sitting in basement ready to go on whenever i get time)
Billet Grille (Also sitting in basement ready to be put on)
Debadge and take side molding off
Matching z71 sticker to bottom color

See less See more
#2 ·
the 3" torsion bar lift did you buy new keys or just tighten the torsion bars. iv got a 02 silverado going to crank the torsion bars this spring just looking to see what size tire i can get away with i know im also going to have to buy blocks for the rear but thinking it will come out at about 3" plus just wondering your thought experiences
thakns drew

#3 ·
i went with the ford keys and cranked those a bit. on stock rims i dont rub 35's at all. im sitting about 3" higher before the 35's

the ford keys were cheap too like $70
i went with the add-a-leaf on the back cuz i tow occasionally but the blocks are also a good way to lift it cheaper.

if your truck is a z71 you will be fine on shocks cuz IIRC they come with bilsteins but if its just a 4x4 u need either new shocks or some extended shock mounts

just fyi it doesnt ride very well which was the main reason why i bought the superlift and can't wait to get it on

if i were to do it again i woulda just stayed with cranking a lil bit and 33's cuz i think firming it up a lil gave less body roll and rode great

also remember if you lift it more than an inch you should get an alignment too

if you have anymore questions just ask. i researched a lot before doing this so im pretty knowledeable

#4 ·
ok thanks mine isnt the z71 so i will keep the shock comment in mind when im ready to do this. i think i will be just cranking the factory bars being it doesnt sit level now and want it to and i can gain a lil more clearance for tires this way. it is my dd its not offroad at all i want to run 34" buddy crankd his 94 all the way and crambed 35s under his but had to trim the bumper but im not looking to do that so i will probly be going with 33 or 34 inch tire. the stiffer ride with crankd bars doesn't both me its a truck not suppose to ride like a caddy but i am aware of the ride quality going into this upgrade. thanks for the advice and heads up will keep up with your build and ask if i have any other comments
drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.