Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Ice Fishing?

2K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  Christmas Cookie 
#1 ·
So does anyone here ice fish?

i dont, have no desire to and dont really like regular fishing,
and i'm trying to figure out why when it's 10* out someone would want to go sit on the ICE for hours with a stick in a hole

#16 ·
x2

I was just looking at my pop up shack a couple of days ago thinking I should do more. I haven't been out in a few years.
X2 last few years Ice has sucked when the kids were here this year we are going to go

kerosene heater in a desent enough shanty u dont get cold.....and i catch a hell of a lot more fish doin it than i do durring the spring and summer

I don't even bother fishing any other time mostly Becasue Victoria like to ice fish more then any other fishing, I think its beacause she can ice skate while she is watching the pop ups out side of the pop up and still coem in to get warm

#29 ·
You have to go when it is like 40 out. Like last Friday, we went after work. We were out there until dark, we caught around 200 Perch but were only keeping 10" or larger, we ended up with 48 keepers. I do not go when it is really cold, I don't have very good luck for some reason. I wait till it is warmer out, first/last ice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.