Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Big Mistake.... :(

60K views 421 replies 139 participants last post by  curt1656 
#1 ·
A little while back, before Christmas. I got into some bad things and started doing some bad stuff that I would of never ever thought about doing ever. A buddy and I were going around late at night and walking up to cars to see if they were unlocked. If they were unlocked we would go through them and see if there was anything good(money mostly,spare change,etc.) It was are first time doing it and we thought we would try it because everyone else always talked about it. So we did it. We didnt really take anything. We got like 13 bucks and a cheap radar detector. I WILL admit this was deffinetly one of the stupidest things I have ever done. I do regret and have never and will never do anything like it ever again. But that night after we went to bed the police followed our tracks in the snow that lead from the cars to my friends house. We got caught. The police called us about three weeks later and said everything was going to be fine and no one had pressed any charges or anything like that, and they hope we learned are lesson. That was in the beginning of January. But yesterday I get a letter in the mail saying I have a warrant for my arrest for three counts, larceny and breaking and entering x2. I hate this. I was just starting to sign up for school today and almost had a job. I thought it was all over.

Has any of you made a big mistake like this and went through the courts??
What happend? Is it still on your record?????
Im scared to death. I dont want this shit on my record.
Anyone got any ideas of what could happen?

See less See more
#94 ·
#96 ·
At least Jesus loves A.J.

Sandals, you are a great big meanie head. CC cracks me up. I love this board, and it is so funny to see who forgot there thick skin before they got on the GL4x4 forum bus.

#98 ·
There were a couple of shitheads that broke into my Garage last year along with a bunch of other houses, cars, ect.... The last house they broke into was occupied by an 80+ year old lady... She called 911 from up stairs then went down to confront these kids... They stabbed her to death with a screwdriver as the police pulled up... Now they will spend the rest of their lives getting raped for what they did and honestly I think they have it coming... They to were probably just doing what their friends were doing as well as just having fun....As far as I'm concerned they have no rights... Pray you don't get a felony conviction and I hope you really only did it once and I hope you learned from that mistake...

#101 ·
AJ I had my Jeep broke into around that time and the azz hole that did it cut my top too. The police did tell me they had a suspect and they where going to trial. My insurance company paid out almost $8,000 for loss and damage. If this was you I can not wait to meet you in court and watch you fry for your crimes. I will make sure that you get punished to the full extent of the law.

To be nice if you get jail time I will come and visit you to make sure that your stay in OCJ is most rewarding. Also I have friends that are guards there and will make sure that you are well taken care of. I would hate to hear that a rumor went around the jail house that you did something that you didn't do if you get my point.

I wish that we treated the low life here like they do in other parts of the world. If you lost one of your hands for your stuid little fun maybe you would learn.

Best of luck in your court aperance I will be the guy there pointing out to the judge what a pieace of shit you are, and when you claim that you have learned your lesson I will hand him a copy of your posts here on the board and show him what a real pieace of shit you really are.

#102 ·
when someone stole my truck (http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=26777&highlight=truck&page=1) i didnt feel bad for the guy. fuck him fuck you fuck anyone like this. you are a fucktard if i was you id find a dark hole and just lay there to you die. i my book once a un trustworthy bastard always gonna be one.

so to some it fuck off and i agree with sandals

#110 ·
based only upon his previous posts, I don't think he's clever enough to make this up as a prank/flame-baiting.

the posts in the market place would make this seem to be more than he admitted in the earlier post as well. to/if anyone bought anything off of him, if you have a conscience at all please contact the waterford pd to see if any of it shows up as part of stolen property reports in the last year.

aj claims to have learned something, but he's more than likely taken far more than he's admitting to, and honestly he's thick enough that a scare won't wake him up- he needs to feel the real pain of his mistakes, and face a felony charge - even if it gets plea-bargained down.

little slaps on the wrist, and skating by never really teaches his kind anything other than if he lay's low for a while, he can go back to scumliving.

#108 ·
You're a fucking piece of shit and you deserve to go to jail. I hope you are scared. I can't even explain to you how it felt when my car got stolen. Working full time at Chuck E Cheese making minimum wage to pay your way through college then coming out of class to find that your car is just gone and you have NOTHING. Someone also tried to steel my radio once but the dumbass couldn't get it out so he just broke it instread. Some of us actually have to work our asses off for what little we have. Then some fucking immature bastard like you comes along and we have to start all over agian. That's fucked up and fuck you.

#111 ·
Well, That was a pretty stupid thing to do AJ. But hey, You are young, Hope you learn your lesson. Maybe you'll gain some respect for peoples stuff and the law. I hope it'll make you more of a man and not a child. Good luck, and As much as I I don't want to, I'll be praying for you.

#112 ·
I am not going to join the bashing club. I have been robbed a couple of times of which one time my house was nearly emptied. A feeling of violation I cannot describe.

Even if you have taken just $200.00 of items from someone else that EARNED those items, I hope you do jail time. I feel no mercy and you deserve none. I offer no advice and you deserve none. Society should simply treat you as you are: A THIEF!

#118 ·
AJ - if you have to go to court over this just be completely honest and sincere.

This sounds pretty minor. $13 worth of change and a $25-50 radar detector.. Pfffpt.

The courts have bigger things to worry about.

Even if they convict you and punish you with some community service (I would be surprised if they jail you over such a minor offense) you can petition the court to have your record expunged after a period of time.

So don't feel that the rest of your life will be tarnished with a blemished record.

#119 ·
AJ - if you have to go to court over this just be completely honest and sincere.

This sounds pretty minor. $13 worth of change and a $25-50 radar detector.. Pfffpt.

The courts have bigger things to worry about.

Even if they convict you and punish you with some community service (I would be surprised if they jail you over such a minor offense) you can petition the court to have your record expunged after a period of time.

So don't feel that the rest of your life will be tarnished with a blemished record.

The rest of his life will be tarnished by being a dumb ass. Not by the larceny charges

#179 ·
Thats not true, if this was a juvi thing then maybe. If the county has a calender consent thing, regardless if it was destroyed there will still be evidence of something. There won't be any specifics of it or any other detail, other than something happened on this date. And yes, other people (FBI) can see it.

Now if its an adult record, ski-r-ewed. The record exists, and is up for public viewing. Any thoughts of being in the military are shot, along with any form of government job. Translation, have fun working any number of McJobs for the rest of your life. Be thankful that it wasn't a CSC charge. Those you will have to disclose that when applying for a job.

#129 ·
Yeah, that's Honorable. :chiefwoohaw: It doesn't matter if it wasn't his idea, he still did it.

The RIGHT thing to do would be to tell the truth, admit you did something wrong, take your punishment, and some how get some Common Sense to not do stupid things. Little cowards rat out other people in court to cover thier own butt. Real men Tell the truth and admit repsonsibility to thier actions. Grow up.
:poke:

#125 ·
I would like to know what the date is for his court appearance. I say we all go. :tonka:

#126 ·
as someone who had my jeep broken into and then a year later my house... i hope you rot in prison and get raped daily.

No matter how tough times get i could never even think of stealing something that someone else has worked for...

BTW if i ever find the guy who broke into my house i will gladly go to jail for beating the ever loving shit out of him

#127 ·
someone said: "why are you guys bashing him, wasn't it his friends idea?...Gay J...LIE>>>>LIE>>>>LIE...roll on your buddy, it was his idea let him take the blame...you did nothing wrong...fight this shit in court!!!!!"

are you nuts? does not make any difference who's idea it was. this guy was foolish enough to go along with it. it IS about accountability, NOT about blaming others. and the more he fights it in court the more his lawyer will bill him.

#130 ·
I said that, and you are nuts to think he should have to pay for his friends idea...he needs to fight this shit out and admit to nothing...don't hit a brother when he's down! Besides if he works out a deal with the prosecutor he should be all set...I bet he knows about all kinds of shit going down in Waterford, he should roll on all of them to save his own ass.

#128 ·
Hey AJ, I had a strap and a D-ring stolen off my Jeep this past winter in Waterford at work. Now I'm torn if I should have you replace them, or just stomp your ass for general purposes.

You being an admitted thief, and I know you go by my work all the time, I figure you either got it, or know who did.

#132 ·
Ok, i'm fairly new to GL4x4, but can someone sum up the criminal tally for me? It's what hes addmitted to doing in this post, sounds like selling stolen property on here, pushing up his value in iTrader, what else?

AJ, I hope you learn a lesson from all this. I hate theives. Reguardless of the outcome I think you should enlist in the millitary. It sounds like you need a lesson in respect. For sure they will 'fix' your personality flaws. When/if you return people will respect you and it is the only way to overcome your earlier dumbassness.

#134 ·
Reguardless of the outcome I think you should enlist in the millitary. It sounds like you need a lesson in respect. For sure they will 'fix' your personality flaws.
That is the only plea bargain you should be asking the judge for. Anything less makes you a rat that will fuck others over to better yourself. Be a man about this.

Mr. Hancho, any respect that I had left for you is gone. No one is in need of "friends" like you. Shame on you for spreading such shameless advice.

#133 ·
tell us a.j. ..........

what DO YOU THINK is the best thing to do......

1. should you roll on your buddies and everyone else you know is dirty and hope for the best from the prosecuter?
2. fight this thing to the hilt, drag it out and work for the best deal that way?
3. claim you were a follower and not the idea man in this event and beg for mercy?
4. stand up, admit your error in court and take your punishment?
5. any combination of the above?
6. all of the above?
7. something else?

#139 ·
tell the truth. Just tell the truth. be ashamed to show up here anymore. Don't let the personal feelings of others get to you, especially if they don't actually know you in person. But stop doing stupid things. In the words of the lawyer played by Jim Carrey in the movie 'Liar, Liar';

secretary: "You're client is on the phone, asking for legal advice..."
Jim Carrey: "Stop breaking the law, ASShOLE!!!"

Tell the truth the truth truth truth truth and deal with what you earned.

this is called life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.