Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Rat rod 4x4

4K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  BlooMule 
#1 ·
Hope this isnt a repost . If so please delete.

This a really cool build.:thumb:

#24 ·
See I tend to love the rat rod culture. Taking something that would otherwise be scraped and actually driving it always gets a :thumb: from me. Sure beats something that spends most of it's life indoors or on the back of a trailer.

From a road and light trail use rig perspective this thing functions great in that aspect. It is much better then most rat rod jeeps where the front axle is simulated because it was simply easier to make it rwd.

I suppose if you prefer something that sits up on jack stands at shows with the axles chromed out then then a rusted rat rod with a patina covered grill that took years to get that look driving in off the street with dirt stains on the tires would seem like a wasted effort.

I personally Hate trailer queens. I understand the $$$ and the fact that most consider them "art" at a point. But as far as functionality goes it is still a car and built to be driven not pulled off a trailer, placed on a rug with a rope around it, and polished up despite never being in a condition where it would get dirty.

#26 ·
That would be fun to cruse around in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.