Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Wheeling a liberty?

2K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  GreaseMonkey 
#1 ·
Anyone out there wheel a liberty? I have a stock 03 ready for new tires. I will probably use it just trail riding around westbranch . I usually wheel my TJ but 3 kids and a wife won't fit. Can't afford a new jk right now. Just looking for some input .

#9 · (Edited)
Well - I'm a closet Liberty wheeler
Its my DD - 05 crd, 2" lift, full armor, LS rear, 245-70-16 Revo's
Had it to the Badlands, Prareville, and misc 2 tracks.

They do good - just watch out for front end wheel hop - several front diff's have already met thier maker.

Wheeling a KJ is like Riding Mopeds and Fat Chicks - you know the rest

#11 ·
Be careful, the front differentials are prone to crack with mild to moderate wheeling. If you google D30 and liberty you'll find pictures of it. Best fix is a good diff cover and a pinion brace. Ask me how I know.

#15 ·
Greasemonkey did.

Unfortunately for him (good for us though) it caused him to give fellatio
Greasemonkey would get stuck in his Libby all the time; several other members made him felate in return for getting winched out.
It seems the mounds is where the unfortunate incidents occured, I am hoping the liberty is a temporary thing, I usually wheel my TJ but someone gets left home. Maybe a lift and tires will suffice for some casual wheeling.

#19 ·
like 6" but you can't wheel with it for 3 reasons:

Tires too big for front diff, the front diff explodes if wheeled hard stock.

CV joint angle too much, Nobody has a cradle drop for one.

Upper Ball joint reaches its max

Best bet is an OME 2" lift. :sonicjay:

there are some different upper control arms now, but umm its a liberty.

#25 ·
I got rid of that KJ over two years ago. I'd love to have two vehicles like that, unfortunately I don't have the space or $$$ for two insurance policies.
just have the wheeler be on storage, when you drive it, called the insurance company, that's what i'm going to do. with the focus and the sammy its 130$ a month, if i drop the sammy it's 96 or something.

#26 ·
just have the wheeler be on storage, when you drive it, called the insurance company, that's what i'm going to do. with the focus and the sammy its 130$ a month, if i drop the sammy it's 96 or something.
That's what I'll do eventually. I've just made another big purchase recently too. Not to mention moving in June, I have to get some money saved up for moving and what not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.