Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

46RH Trans Just overhauled / New Torque Convertor! Read Post!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kaeschli06 
#1 ·
I have a 46RH Trans that I attempted to RE-Do my self. I purchased a rebuild manual and spent about a month studying it before I started. I purchased a Overhaul Kit, A complete Bushing Kit, Valve body repair Shift Kit and O.D Solinoid as well as a brand new Rebuilt Torque Convertor From Monstor Transmission (Dacco Unit). The Convertor alone was over $225.00. The trans had 160,000 miles on it and started shifting out of OD. Then the Pump Seal went. I took the trans apart according to the manual, the OD Shaft and the Intermediate shafts both looked good, the bushing were shot. The pump bushing were as well. I replaced all the old bushing, o-rings, Seals, and Gaskets, Tore down the Valvbody, cleaned and inspected it for signs of wear or cracks. Installed the Valve Body repair shift kit, and OD solinoid being careful to follow the instructions and specs outlined in the manual. Reassembled the unit and re-installed it in my Jeep. I took it for a test drive and it would not shift out of First. Had Reverse, but wouldn't shift. I gave up and purchased a remanufactured unit and am in the process of installing it in my vehicle. I am getting rid of the Torque Convertor and the Trans . Someone with a little know how could get a good deal here. I am asking $150.00 for the trans and $150.00 for the convertor. The convertor only has a couple miles on it from test drives. I will sell both together for $225.00 if interested. PM me or call me @ 313-727-6698 if interested...:thumb:

See less See more
#4 ·
Governor is stuck or you messed up the feed circut some how during the rebuild like a broken sealing ring. Governor lines not in the the rear of the trans right when you put the tail housing on. Or you put the gasket on wrong for the center support.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.