Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Built 93 ZJ on tons and 42's Sold!

19K views 125 replies 24 participants last post by  osweezea 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought Ridin'dirty's old TJ. This needs to move NOW!

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Drivetrain:
5.2 V8 (aftermarket intake and mean sounding Flowmaster exhaust)
Auto
NP231j
That stuff is all stock.
95 Ford HP dually ball joint Dana 60, 5.38's, welded with stock shafts, new bearings, new brakes, all new seals, joints and lockouts, Solid diff cover, trussed.
90's GM 14 Bolt, 5.38's, welded, disk brakes, Solid diff cover, trussed.

Suspension:
Radius arm front with Deaver coils and Procomp shocks, Beard limting straps, lower links are 2" .25" wall tubing with Johnny joints at the axle end and poly bushings at the frame end, heims on the upper links.
Triangulated 4-link with upper wishbone in the rear, Skyjacker coils, Procomp shocks, beard limiting straps, same size tube and bushing layout as the front.

Wheels and Tires:
H1's (not recentered) with PVC inserts and rock rings
42" cut TSL's (some chunking and rock rash)

Steering:
Full hydro setup

Interior:
Full 1 3/4" .120 wall DOM tube cage
Racing seats with 4 point harnesses
Original rear seat
Fuel tank moved into cargo area
Brand new Cobra CB w/ new cable and firestik antenna
Stock dash, center, and overhead consoles (average economy 2.1 mpg:sonicjay:)

Exterior (well whats let of it):
Dom bumpers with a huge zombie apocolypse stinger
Smitty 8K winch
Tube front doors
.188 thick diamond plate boatsides
1/4" skidplate
Missing drvers side brake light
Not a straight panel to be seen...

Extras:
Front doors
Front fenders
quarter panel patch
Extra Lock out, axle shaft u joint(Spicer non-greasable), and driveshaft u joint
Extra Barnes 4wd Heims for the steering
Spare rear driveshaft (Bent but it'll get you off the trail)

The good:
New front and rear driveshafts.
This thing is point and shoot.
I have a title and have it plated however this isn't built for the street. Can it be driven on the street for short distances, yes, shoud it be driven on the street regularly, no. I put 30-50 street miles on it on SnoFari in January. It is not the most fun I've ever had. It does fine from the state park to the dunes though:)

The Bad:
The exterior is just plain beat.
No rear glass on the driver's side (thanks Big Ugly:sonicjay:)

The Trailer:
25' deck over (~29' overall) built off a camper frame (bumper pull) Pulls like a dream:thumb:
~93" wide
2" thick wood deck
Both axle brakes on 5200 lb axles
front mounted tool box
chevy 6 lug wheels on good LT (load range E) tires
Spare is included
No ramps, the ZJ will drive right up.

Pics:

SnoFari Pics:

The only pic I can find that sorta shows the trailer:

I'm asking $6500 for the whole operation. I'll sell the Jeep seperate for $4000 and the trailer for $3000, but the Jeep has to go first (I'm fairly firm on separate pricing). I can get pics up of more details if anyone wants some. Only partial trades would be for a car trailer, a zero turn lawn mower, a smaller sport quad (Warrior/300ex), a 4x4 quad, Dana 44 air lockers (I need 2), Rubicon 44 chromos, 5 on 4.5 15x8 beadlocks, or like New 35" mtr's km2's or bfg at's. No other trades please. I prefer a cash sale though.

See less See more
#47 ·
I haven't had much interest in anything. If that changes I'll let you know.

I'm going to be at Rocks and Valleys next Saturday (the 13th) if anyone wants a "test drive". I'll let you drive it on certain obsticles. You break it you buy it.:sonicjay:

#58 ·
OK, this is it... I'm 100% ready to let this go. I want something I can drive to work on the nice days. This is ready to go this weekend if you wanted too. Needs nothing but a driver (well once I get the new axle shaft in this morning)!

#61 ·
Not much has happened with that, it's a long term project. I just want to get into something that I can use more often than I'm using the ZJ. I think I've only been out 4 times this year, my work schedule is not condusive to four wheeling:(

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.